11.04.2007

the verdict is:

ear infection. a painful one. one that had me feeling pretty crappy yesterday & i slept horribly last night. i was laying in bed this morning early, just waiting for it to be 8, so i could go to the insta care. the doctor didn't even need his ear looker inner thingy to see that i had an infection. that makes me feel better, cause the pain i'm suffering right now is pretty intense. so for him to not look in there & say "nah, you're fine" restores a little of my faith in the medical field.

til i got to target & had to wait for the pharmacy to open. that pharmacist is very nice. he remembers me. i don't know if that is cause i'm witty or crazy. probably both. the ear drop prescription was going to cost $95, til i burst into tears and said that it was ridiculous. the antibiotic he's got me on is still $40. so he offered to call my doctor and see if they could do something cheaper. i said, i'd appreciate that. so he did & they could. so now my ear drops only cost $20. which is still expensive in my humble opinion, but at least i will be able to afford food for the rest of the month.

doctor's copay: $35
antibiotic: $40
ear drops: $20
grand total for a very poor, humble teacher: $95. suck. oh well. at least its not double that. and now, i'm off to go lay on my couch all day watching tv, reading & napping. and letting ear drops soak in.

i better not drop this bottle or let it fall into the wrong hands. its a precious bottle.

12 comments:

Holly O. said...

Holy motha! Sorry it was an expensive day for you. Yesterday's grand total for Connor was about $100 too. I hope the meds kick in fast!

Mel said...

Being sick just sucks!! I hope you feel better soon!

Amy said...

I thought you were going to do one of the credit card ads:

Doctor's copay: $35
antibiotic: $40
ear drops: $20
Feeling better faster...priceless!

Hope you feel better soon!

Shelley said...

I'm sick too Hayls... At least its not your birthday... Nor do you have major decisions looming, so it could be worse, you could be ME. I woke up with an ear ache this AM too, but I'm entirely too poor to even see a Dr. I do have a Dr Pepper, so that might help. We shall see.

Mom said...

Amy's comment was hilarious. Hope you feel better real soon.

Jori said...

I'm with Amy, I thought you were going to do the credit card thing too. Poor Hayley! You have been having a rough time healthwise. Hope you feel better soon.

Hayley said...

as of 5 pm, i'm really not feeling better. this sucks.

Kristi said...

Hayley, I am so sorry you are feeling like dog doo. Hallelujah for drugs (even though it sucks they were expensive). Let's hope those little suckers start to kick in and you feel better soon. :)

tara said...

I hear wiskey is a great cure all:)

I hope you are feeling better by now. That really sucks wind.

Tiburon said...

Those ear drops and antibiotic deserve a little velvet pillow to sleep on. I hope you feel better soon!

100 Percent Cottam said...

golly geez. meds are so expensive. and now that it's sick season again, we'll be feeling it. sucks! but. i hope you're feeling better!

Heather said...

Feel better soon.