11.28.2007

prunes, prunes the magical fruit

I was reading a book today to my kids. Its a chapter book. Raymond and Graham Rule the School. It was making me laughing, specifically the chapter that is this post's title. My students (who're second graders. the book is written about 6th graders. some things go over their head, but they love it!) were laughing and enjoying it. They kept begging me to read more. I kept wanting to squeeze in another chapter. Well - when I got to chapter 12, I couldn't control my laughter. I literally had tears from laughing. One of my kids even said "get a hold of yourself!" cause i was dying laughing. it evoked the bark. oh gosh.

to prep himself for a part in the school play, raymond eats a whole jar of prunes. and then gets the rotten diarrhea that i suffer from so often. on my gosh, i'm sitting here laughing, just thinking about it. if you have kids that read chapter books. go to their website & order them for them. hilarious! you won't be disappointed! (especially for boys!) 0r - get it for yourself, if you like childish things that are so stinking funny.

mike knudson is one of the author's that came to my school a few weeks ago & so I bought all three of the books & got them signed. yay!!! what treasures these books are!

10 comments:

Holly O. said...

When you have an author at your school signing good books, for the love of Pete, GET ME COPIES!!!

Hayley said...

oh sorry - i had no money on me or checks. i borrowed a $20 from Ranae. And I definitely won't tell you about Mark & Caralyn Buehner being there, either. but i didn't get any of their books... i felt like a huge mooch. don't worry, i already paid her back though

Holly O. said...

Your reasoning will suffice.

Jan said...

This sounds like a book I need - -I'm all about the diarrhea myself. Sigh.

100 Percent Cottam said...

i'm all for any and everything having to do with diarrhea. (other than having diarrhea.) i'm sure maya would love to have these read to her...

Mom said...

Fun that you can have authors sign your books. I will check that one out at the library myself.

Mel said...

I love Raymond and Graham books. I've read all of them to my kids. Definitely a favorite. So glad you got them.

Melissa said...

See this is why you are an elementary teacher...you get their humor!!! I seriously bet you are the funniest teacher in the whole darn school :)

Emily said...

You are such a fun teacher. I'm sending my kids to you for 2nd grade!

tara said...

Will would be ALL OVER those books. I'm going to the website. thanks;)