11.17.2007

my squeaky bed

when i moved into my house, i thought i'd try to class it up a bit. i mean, a lot of my furniture is old stuff other people have given me. i have bought a couch, it was even new. but most everything else was a hand me down. so i wanted a headboard or something for my bed. (my brother in law's parents gave me a queen sized mattress when i moved to utard) i've always loved canopy beds. so i looked around & ordered one. it came. i put it together, which is shocking. i've gotten lots of compliments on it. and i even would go so far to say that i love my bed. or i did at one time. now i often curse it in my head & definitely give it scowls when i am trying to get dressed in the morning, but am utterly exhausted. see, its metal. the canopy part. and something is wrong with it. for a few months, it squeaks so much, its definitely putting a damper on my sleeping. i've tightened every screw. i'm at my wit's end. sometimes i want to scream in the night. seriously, i can exhale - not even move!- and its squeaky. there's one place that if i give it a good pull, it'll shut up for a few minutes, but later on - its squeaking at me. here's how i know its really bitter for me: people, when they come over, if they now say that they like my bed, i get on it & say "listen!" of course, it never is squeaky like i need it to be. i think it really only wants to squeak when i'm trying to sleep.

you don't even want to get me started on smoke detectors. in fact, i will have to post that story another time. it makes my blood boil!!!

8 comments:

Melissa said...

Can you just imagine what will happen when "If the walls a rockin, don't come knockin"? That sucker will really squeak!

But I am sorry, that really is annoying...it's kinda like when you take your car in for service and then it won't act up!! Ugh.

Holly O. said...

It is the bed, not the mattress squeaking? That is a bummer.

100 Percent Cottam said...

your neighbors probably think you're getting down to some serious business! do you remember that song from around 5th or 6th grade that said something about making the bed squeak? i don't think i even had a clue what it meant, but it made me blush...

Emily said...

Oh I feel ya. I hate squeaky beds. Have you tried wd40?

Kristi said...

That stinks!! Have you tried WB40?
I ahte when you have high hopes for something and it disappoints. However, I keep thinking naughty thoughts when it comes to a squeaky bed, so I better end with:
eee-err-eee-err

Jori said...

Our head board&foot board squeaks too. It really slows things down when we have guests in the house. Heheehehehe

Hayley said...

i haven't broken out the wd40. might needa. and you guys are all dirty. nothing exciting is going on in this bed, i promise! just attempts to sleep.

Jan said...

I hate anything that interferes with my sleep. We have these dorky windows up above the regular windows (there's probably a name but I don't know it!) that aren't covered -- and when the neighbors behind us leave their back porch light on (which is all the time) I feel like I'm in the interrogation chamber and makes me MAD.