11.08.2007

my cesspool

I was laying on the couch last night, as only i can... and i happened to glance around. its a mess. school projects on the coffee table & kitchen table. junk mail all over the counter. dishes in the sink, not loaded into the dishwasher. ick.

clothes & laundry all over my bedroom floor. shoes galore.

i wonder what would happen if my dad came to town today. he'd have so many garbage bags filled. and if i never unpacked them? what would happen? probably nothing. i could probably survive just fine without this junk, minus the fat clothes. still need those. the only thing on hangers right now is probably clothing that doesn't fit!

i need to get my act together, spend some quality time this weekend making peace with myself.

its no wonder i'm sick. i'm living in what is probably a germ infested dung hole. my dad would disown me. i'm ashamed of myself!!!

11 comments:

100 Percent Cottam said...

i feel the same way. my house is always a mess. i need a maid.

Jan said...

I want a maid too. It's entirely lazy of me but I do. I feel for you -- I know how my house gets (if you could see my bedroom, you'd feel better about yourself, I'm sure!) and I hate it.

Melissa said...

Don't get down on yourself...everyone needs to live in a pig pen now and again...it makes you appreciate when your house is clean!

Emily said...

I think everyone thinks that everyone else is so clean, but in reality we're all pigs in out own way. I have a sink full of dirty dishes that will probably get washed just before dinner so we have something to eat on!

brookey said...

take a picture of it. i wanna see.

Heather said...

Oh the cesspool, no wonder you are sick is right :) I'm sure it's not THAT bad. How is your treadmill?

Kristi said...

It's so hard when you're sick, though, because who wants to clean when you feel like crap? Not me, that's for sure, so I don't blame you. get well soon, Hayley.

Jori said...

That's right you're sick. You can slum it up a little. My house is a bomb right now. I swear it is only super clean 1 day each week.

Melissa said...

So to clarify Hayley...on Kristi's last blog about the Hello Kitty Tatoos...I did mean to write Holly instead of you. Sorry, but I guess I just assumed that potty mouth remark came from you...it was hilarious regardless of what sister it came from. You are a hoot!

Shelley said...

In all fairness, you HAVE been sick... My room went WAY down hill this week too. (SO GLAD i'm not responsible for cleaning a WHOLE house right now! I don't think I could take it!) Relax... Clean it tomorrow...

tara said...

oh man. Germ infested dung hole?
hayley...even when you are miserable you make me laugh:)
take it easy. The mess ain't going no where...