11.18.2007

long day

wow. i think i'd rather do a day of teaching + parent teacher conferences. it was a long one. the boss lady kept promising that it was definitely going to be the worst day of working for the company. lots of videos. lots of "don't steal" mumbo jumbo. ok. ok ok. i won't steal. geez.

and, i'm not going to lie to you - the cash register intimidated me. i watched a manager lady do about 4 transactions & she threw us to the tigers. i had to do 2 transactions. why oh why do people still pay with checks? and why did i have to do it today? suck.

now, i don't have to work until saturday afternoon. phew! it'll give me time to get rid of this headache. i love teaching. i'll be happy to be with my students tomorrow!

there was a store wide meeting tonight, gearing up for the week ahead. it was probably the best part of the day, even though there was more video to watch. we all got a pair of socks (picture below) that i was coveting. yay! and for surviving through training, boss lady gave us each a bottle of our favorite body lotion. mhmmmm. (also, pictured below)

best part of the day: when we had to go do product familiarization process. kim's reaction to a scent was a hardy "ew, that stinks!" and i was like "kim! shhh!!" we had good laughs on our breaks. that's how i survived this day - knowing that she was suffering as much as me, if not more. (i'm a product girl... kim - not so much)

here's a few items on my wish list now. i'm not going to blow my whole check. i'm not. i'm saving up for my next vacation!!! 1) slippers 2) sleeping aids 3) a new & improved nakey blanket


7 comments:

Kristi said...

I love Coconut Lime flavor!! I wold have picked that, too. Thpse socks & nap blanket look like they are heavenly. I'm proud of you for working the cash register--those things stressed me out.

Jori said...

"Ew that stinks!" Ha that is hilarious. B&B working the free products! Sounds like good payment for watching a video. I think that nakey blankie looks lovely. I might ask Santa for it.

100 Percent Cottam said...

hooray for working the cash register! i was always the christmas cashier at american eagle during christmas. i worked there all year long, but i was exclusively a cashier during christmas. no folding sweatshirts for me! :)

Jan said...

Love the trainee stories! I'm with you -- I never understand why people will stand at a cash register and write a check these days -- weird for sure.

Holly O. said...

In case you are getting me anything from Bath and Body Works, me no likey coconut or vanilla scents. I know, I'm weird.

Heather said...

I love that scent Hayley, I'll go check out the socks and nakey blanket too. I'm glad you listened about the NO stealing...Does sound like a long day. xo

Melissa said...

Love the cozy socks!