11.04.2007

"get your knee out my back please"

When Holly was about to get married, she got "her big trip" that apparently all of my sisters have kinda gotten before they got married. i wouldn't know cause i haven't been married. damn tahitians. no really - i'm glad i'm not married to that scumbag, i'm just still a little ticked that i got cheated out of a great vacation :) holly picked sydney, australia. and i'm pretty sure my dad had a little work to do there. i got to go. we were young still, and spoiled, i might add. my parents have never been rolling in the dough, but we've always lived a great life. we've always traveled. so, back in college, we went to Australia. just the four of us. hojo, me, mikey & ned. and man, we stayed at a fancy hotel. i remember it being the nicest one i've ever stayed at, until our trip to kauai... (remember that one momma?) my crazy mutha got us these bus passes to ride around sydney - so we wouldn't have to rent a car & we wouldn't have to pay for taxis all the live long day. ned's slightly frugal. well, our last day there, she figured out that part of what we'd paid for for these bus passes was a bus tour of the city. who wants to go on a bus tour, right? so holly and i were being slightly bratty about going, as my memory serves me. sorry - don't mean to make hojo look bad. i'll take the whole blame. it was just me. we're on this bus, riding around. i remember it being pretty empty. hojo and i were sitting a few seats away from our parents, i'm sure to punish them at the time. this couple got on the bus & sat right in front of us.

now one thing you need to know about me, is that in an empty environment, if you come and sit right upon me, its going to piss me off. invade my space & i get hostile.

so as the lady is sitting down, i ram my knee into the back of her seat, a very passive aggressive way of showing her how i feel about it. and i kept it there for a while, apparently making her slightly uncomfortable. until we must've hit a bump or something & she realized that it wasn't that she was sitting on this extremely uncomfortable seat... it was a pain in the ass spoiled kid behind her. she turns around and says, in a very australian accent, "get your knee out my back please." of course, i played dumb, said i was sorry & moved. then holly and i had to contain our laughter til we were released from that silly ol' bus ride.

i don't know why we still find such humor in that situation. but we both crack up just thinking about it. and we frequently say that to each other. just so you people knows. i will stick it to you, if i feel trapped. watch yourself.

13 comments:

Kristi said...

This is why I like you, Hayley--you aren't afraid to give someone a knee in the back for invading your space...too funny! I love your stories--thanks for sharing them!!

tara said...

"invade my space and I get hostile".
that is awesome. It cracks you and holly up because it's HYSTERICAL. I bet you guys were bustin' up the whole rest of the darn bus ride.
passive aggressive...hayley? I'd never have guessed it:)

Tiburon said...

Do not invade Hayleys space. got it. Noted.

100 Percent Cottam said...

don't mess with a jones girl. that is rule #1. i love your stories. do i need to mention again how jealous i am of the sister love?

Holly O. said...

I cracked up just seeing the title of this post. You answered my bat signal, good job. Although, I do believe I requested video.

Hayley said...

i don't know what video you're talking about!!! australia was pre - digital for me. so i've gotta scan & get those pictures some day.

Heather said...

What was my pre-marriage trip? I don't think we went anywhere????

Mom said...

It wasn't premarriage it was graduation. I believe Heather's trip was Hawaii because I had a broken leg and I remember Heather was there. Hayley was there too and she was pushing my wheelchair at Pearl Harbor and threatened to push me off into the water. Funny girl.

Holly O. said...

Hayley, I mean take a video now!!! Heather's was Hawaii. And the reason ours were pre-marriage instead of graduation (like yours, Hayley) was because that was when we lost passes. It had nothing to do with an acutal marriage, it had everything to do with loses our flight benefits.

Shelley said...

That is a riot. :) I like that you're so blunt like that. So feisty. I likey.

Jori said...

You are a little crack up. Way to give her the knee. I am jealous of the sister love too.

I never understand why people need to cuddle up when there is more space. I had to tell a sweaty mullet man to move away from me on a flight. I was flying alone and was sitting by the window this dude plops next to me leaving the isle seat empty. I was like "dude this is a long flight, I think we will be happier if you move." Sheesh dorky guy.

Jan said...

I can't stand it when people invade my space -- I just want them to LEAVE ME ALONE!! (*don't touch me!)

Melissa said...

Don't piss you off...that's the lesson for today! That sounds like something my sister and I would've done when we were little...we were bratty!