11.23.2007

festivities and dirty fingers

i hope everyone had a fabulous thanksgiving. i surely did. holly had an excellent spread of tasties. snacks before and a knock your socks off kinda dinner. she made a sala that i think comes from tara's kitchen. delicious. i'll have to hunt someone down for that recipe. and "kristin's rolls" were... um... fantastic. i edited my wordage since my dad reads this blog. the ham was great. the apple pomegranete sparkeling cider. oh, just thinking about it makes me drool.

then the williams left & it was just the o'keefe's and me. let me tell you what i woke up to this morning. i came down stairs & connor's being chased around in his jammy shirt & a diaper. holly's holding the baby. she's trying to negotiate getting connor upstairs for a diaper change. connor sees me enter the room... he's a little distracted & excited to see me, so he was momentarily stunned. then, he does the nasty. he sticks his pointer finger in his diaper. pulls it out, loaded. holds it up for all to see and announces, "finger... poop!" yep. it had poop on it. holly hands me will. she's immediately gagging/dry heaving... she walks that kid upstairs, the whole time, he's talking about his "finger... poop!" luckily - he didn't try to taste it. and also, when she had it washed off, he did get excited and say "finger... clean!" and he did a little happy dance.

well, he just climbed on my lap. i'm going to snuggle him. you just ponder a child sticking their finger in their own poopy diaper...

8 comments:

100 Percent Cottam said...

mmm, i knew holly would come thru with the works. sounds delish! the finger - poop, on the other hand. ewww. kids are so fun.

Mel said...

Way to go Holly on your fabulous dinner! Poop on his finger...ewww. That's just hilarious.

Jori said...

I was so waiting for you to say he licked his finger. SOOO happy that didn't happen. Glad you cuties had a nice Thanksgiving.

Amy said...

What's a little poop among family? Glad that you guys had a good holiday.

Holly O. said...

I am so proud to be his momma.

Heather said...

POOP in there?? Glad your treats were yuumy!

Jan said...

Gross. But typical. Thank goodness he didn't offer you any. Speaking of gagging and dry heaving. Yuk. But funny.

Kristi said...

Oh mamacita, that makes me a little ill--but I still think Connor is cute. Poop on his fingers or not!!