So I borrowed Sue's laptop again. to catch up on important school email (and a few favorite blogs.) Saw this quiz on Natalie's blog. Kids are working. Teach's blogging. Next up - your go!
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? wrapping paper for me & my dad. (i've always gotten stuck wrapping his presents. he hates it. i'm a sucker i guess... nah, i do it cause i love him!)
2. Real tree or artificial? fakes. its the only thing i do "fake"
3. When do you put up the tree? growing up, the day after thanksgiving. now - hardly ever at my own house. if i'm going to be gone the whole month, no point! so.
4. When do you take the tree down? dunno. 2 years ago, it was mid January before I got around to it.
5. Do you like eggnog? ick. gag me with a spoon. no.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? oh geez, i don't know. i remember getting my first coach. or maybe that was holly's excitement, rubbing off on me. i don't know. i kinda suck at remembering things like this. but i remember thinking it was the best day.
7. Do you have a Nativity scene? nope
8. Hardest person to buy for? my mom is hard. but i've kinda gotten over it. now i just throw some mary kay at her & she has to like it. ha!
9. Easiest person to buy for? me. i like everything & i get myself a few gifts every year.
10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? a homemade earring holder. from someone who will remain nameless.
11. Mail or e-mail Christmas cards? mail cards. its the only time of year that i send cards. this year, i'm including my little collage i made in my card. hey - you people mail me pictures of your kids. you're going to get pictures of my (sisters) kids. they're the loves of my life, so there!
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? elf? that's kinda sad. anything, snuggled up with a bubby i guess.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? november.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? i'm sure i have. and i plan on doing it tomorrow. a student gave me a little bath and body lotion set. going to give it to my principal, since i remembered i forgot to get her something else. go figure - bath and body works. ha!
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? oh those chocolate chip glazed cookies. mhmm. or homemade peanut butter ones (chocolate dipped) can't think of names right now! ah!
16 Clear lights or colored on the tree? i like clear.
17. Favorite Christmas song? oh i can't wait for christmas music (gotta load it back on my ipod, but i refuse too early) SANTA BABY. don't know why. its sassy... AND - I love all Christmas hymns. I love love love them!
18 Travel at Christmas or stay home? travel. til i have my own family. then home. but i have to be with my bubbies, or christmas would be soooo sad.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? how much are you going to pay me? i can. i get them a little confused with the 7 dwarfs though. shoot. you know, dasher and dancer, donner and blitzen, grumpy & happy, slippy, slappy, swanny, SAMSONSITE - i was way off!
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? a star - i can't imagine myself buying an angel.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? all christmas morning. although i like the pj tradition. will do that.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? shopping and crowds. and people only being nice cause its christmas. for the love people - we're supposed to be decent all the time. i mean "what would Jesus do," right?
23. Favorite Christmas tradition? oh our christmas traditions are so many that i can't even think of them all. but i love the traditions we have. probably mostly though, sleeping in the same room & then spending the whole day in the living room. by a fire. with everyone. i remember as a child, i didn't even want to go to the bathroom or shower, i felt like i was missing christmas. seriously - we have the best traditions. and i love seeing my sisters carrying over with their families, i plan to someday, too!
24. Up early or sleeping in? as kids we got up at 4am! now, as an adult, i'm willing to sleep in a little. with small children, its in everyone's best interest to sleep in. i don't know if holly is going to approve, but i wanna have a sleepover with munch this year on christmas eve. and by sleeping in, i mean, like 6ish. not too much later or we're wasting the day away.
25. Who hands out the gifts? whoever is sitting closest to them. usually holly. cause she was always bouncing off the walls with excitement. she's the most enthusiastic person i know about christmas - i love that about her!
26. Does Santa wrap your gifts? yeah. in a special wrapping paper. in a special handwriting :)
27. Do you tell the Christmas story? My dad reads the biblical story & then reads us "twas the night before christmas"
28. Do you leave cookies for Santa? and a letter, yes, even as an adult. i funny. i leave santa funny notes. he always writes me back & eats my cookies, too!
ok. that was too much fun. now go do it yourself!