11.07.2007

can i get a witness?

i deem myself funny. self proclamations are always a little risky. you never know what your audience is going to be thinking - you know along the lines of them finding humor in my stupidity, as well.

one thing that drives me crazy is when kids say "can i get a drink?" or "can i go to the bathroom?" i always say, "i don't know, can you?" then they say that they can, then i say that they can go figure out how to ask me then.

someone usually whispers the correct question & they go in for re approach.

today's response: "can i get a witness?" and yes, i did sorta rap it out. and i got a very confused look. so i rephrased. "can i get a wha-wha?" said kid shakes head. ashamed of the silliness of his teacher. he restates, "may i?" i just nodded. i figured i'd humiliated him enough.

i blame the fact that i'm on: antibiotics, muscle relaxer, and cold medicine. plus acidophilus, so certain places don't start rotting... (that's all i'm going to say about that) my neck is better today. not perfect, but better. and - my cold is worse. suck~

13 comments:

Kristi said...

Hayley, I LOVE that you asked that kid if you could get a witness...hee hee hee. I love that sense of humor of yours. :)

Jori said...

Hayley as always you are a scream, in fact you can't not be funny! What's rotting? I think you need to say a little more about that one.

PS-I always got the "I don't know can you?" and it always made me feel like a perfect arse. I'm having elementary school flashbacks here.;)

Tiburon said...

Hayley you seriously made me spit water out of my nose. You cracka me uppa!

Tiburon said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Melissa said...

I'll be your witness...you are funny, in fact you are a total comedian!!

Melissa said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Holly O. said...

I know what you are not trying to rot. It's "down there" for those who need help.

100 Percent Cottam said...

you are indeed my comic relief. for the record, i never knew it was witness. wha wha was all i ever got.

Heather said...

Nice one Hayley. No rotting down yonder!!

Emily said...

I can't even type I'm laughing so hard. Your an awesome teacher. HA Ha!

Jan said...

You're making me laugh -- hard. Alone in my office.

Shelley said...

Oh man! You said "wha-wha?" to a student? HAHAHA! I love that.

Girl James said...

You should tape a day in your classrooom. It'd be like "The Office"...but called "The Classroom". Oh...i smell and Emmy!