11.02.2007

british miss jones

so... i've explained to you before that i'm the world's biggest nerd. if you weren't aware, be so. its the truth. this morning, i was choosing a book to read aloud to my students. (my throat is feeling better today) i'm still in heavy withdrawls of my bubbies. i ran across a charlie and lola book that I have, I Will Never Not Ever Eat A Tomato. So I read it to my kids in a british accent. And then, I couldn't stop. So, today I'm "British Miss Jones" and my kids are loving it. I keep calling them "dear" and they can't contain their smiles. The whole reason I picked that book? Well, munch loves "charlie lola" and I enjoyed watching a few episodes with him this weekend. oh dear.

Update: my kids are only allowed to ask to visit the "loo" today, not the bathroom. and, they have to call garbage "rubbish". those are two class rules today. hey - i'm teaching them vocabulary & culture. that's something, right?

13 comments:

Heather said...

Goodness! You are a cute auntie/teacher today, missy. I mean "dear".

Tiburon said...

Oh my gosh you are hysterical! I bet you are a fun teacher :)

Kristin said...

Don't forget to throw in a "lit-rally" here and there!

Jori said...

I love me some Charlie and Lola. I want you to be Kaitlin's teacher.

Jan said...

I love it -- the kids will always remember this. I'm a big Charlie/Lola fan myself - I just don't do a good British accent!! You're an awesome teacher.

Holly O. said...

I love that Kristin threw in a litrally. I knew exactly how to read that. Charlie and Lola are da bomb. That isn't british. that is ghetto.

100 Percent Cottam said...

you are so fun!!! we love charlie & lola so much! i'm sure you're an adorable british miss jones.

Mom said...

Hayley you are just plain crazy fun and I love you in that classroom. I'm someone that has really seen you in action.

Melissa said...

What a lovely chap you are my dear! I bet your kids loved it...cheerio mate!

Holly O. said...

Get your knee out my back please. Get you doing that on video and post it!

Emily said...

You are an awesome teacher. Can I send my kids to you? What fun!

Kristi said...

You are such a fun teacher--why couldn't I have had teacher like you back in the day? (thinking about it: my teachers could have really used a good razor and some happy pills, but that is neither here nor there) I love Charlie and Lola--and you are adorable, with a capital A.

tara said...

holly:)

hayley that is a freakin' hoot.