11.12.2007

bed, nightstand and beyond

melissa, you asked for this... i didn't say it would be pretty...

i was having a hard time getting sucked into any of these books, cause honestly they all look so good, but i finally settled on the glass castle, as you can see it is the one on my bed, in the next picture. and yes, dad, my bed is not made!!!
below you will find a perfect example of my mess. i have a bench seat window sill. it is often where i dump laundry that i haven't put away yet. i had a load of whites on there, but finally last night put away. cause i needed undies & at 6 am, struggle to remember they're over there. tonight's goal: put away the towels & vacuum. which is why my vacuum is out, haunting me. and i know that my windowsill isn't actually my nightstand, it is an extension. notice that i have a weird combo of nightstandy things with a little school mixed in? school filtrates my whole house! yikes!!!



and now, i'm officially done with blogging for the night. its time to go vacuum & put away towels, so i can get in bed in the next hour or so...

12 comments:

Melissa said...

I love it...I love the windowseat as well. I'm glad you played along. It looks like you have a hard time deciding on a book like me! I have read The Glass Castle, it is really good! Now go vacum!

100 Percent Cottam said...

doesn't look any worse than a regular day around her.e of course, that is not a compliment! :) (seriously, though. not that impressive of a mess.) :P

Jori said...

I have laundry piled on the couch right now. You just reminded me to do something with it. My nightstand is covered with wrappers and dust. Yours looks lovely. not a dust bunny in sight.

Tiburon said...

My laundry is still sitting in the dryer. I am not even motivated enough to put it on a window seat. :) Nice to see this side of you.

tara said...

what is that yellow spray bottle on your window seat? It looks like a bottle of spray butter. Just in case you have a hankering for some in the middle of the night.

You are quite the product girl. Me too:)

Jan said...

Really, it's much better than my bedroom is. And that is the truth. It's not good in there at all

Mom said...

I'm laughing. I have been to your house many times and it never looks like that. I guess you clean when we are coming for a visit.

Emily said...

Okay that is NOTHING! That's clean in my house. I clean right before family come too!

Dad said...

I love you anyway.

Girl James said...

that's the book i'm reading too! We'll have to talk about it.

Heather said...

I have the bottles of lotions/potions by my bed too, and lots of books and mags.

Kristi said...

Personally, I think its clean and tidy :) There's no shame in your game, Hayley. Just add some M&M's and a Diet Coke and it would be look like my nightstand :)