10.21.2007

unsettled

I always know when I'm feeling unsettled about life. Something's frustrating me or I'm feeling incomplete; I feel this great desire to read... but can't get into anything. Until I just give in & crack open To Kill a Mockingbird. I don't know why it is, but its my favorite book & listening to that little girl get into mischief just makes me feel better. I love Atticus. I love Calpurnia. I love Jem, Dill, even Boo Radley. I always end up reading it this time of year, too. when its starting to get cold & there's nothing better than snuggling up in bed all warm, reading.

Someday I want to start a collection of this book, of the different editions. Right Now I only have this copy, given to me by Megan, one of my bookworm roommates our Freshman year at Ricks. We bonded over our love of that book. But I want to at least get this one and this one.

And I just need to work on that whole unsettled feeling. I don't enjoy it so much.

13 comments:

Girl James said...

i am also in love with this book. you should read Cold Sassy Tree also if you love this one. you'd LOVE it!

Jori said...

I love To Kill a Mockingbird too! One of my favorites for sure. I am starting Book Thief tomorrow and then I think this will be next. Sorry you are feeling unsettled. Things will get better. I just think everything goes in cycles. Good for a while. Crapola for a while.

Heather said...

Sorry you are feeling sort of out of it. Think about all the fun we will be having at holly' this weekend!!

Mom said...

I'm looking forward to seeing you this weekend. We will have a great time. Two in a row for me...

Jan said...

Love "To Kill a Mockingbird". Mark told me the other day he's never read it -- I was like WHAT??? Now I have to figure out how to make him. Hang in there -- hate that unsettled feeling but it will get better. I promise.

Holly O. said...

I'll let you watch Charlie and Lola when you come to my house. I promise, that will make you feel better.

Shelley said...

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbninquiry.asp?ean=9780060888695&z=y I want this version.

Audio CD's read by Sissey Spasek, that'd be cool to listen to. :)

I'm still reading this. Haven't had much time for it in about a week, but I want to get back to reading it. :) It's really good!

Tiburon said...

I have actually read this book! (I am not a big reader) Enjoy - it is one of those that I can read over and over too :)

Mel said...

I love To Kill a Mockingbird! I wish I knew where my copy was at the moment....some box at my parents house. Blast!

tara said...

Atticus Finch is my favorite fictional man ever. EVER. best book ever.

Sorry you are feeling "off" today. One day at a time. It's gotta pass soon:) Getting your fill of Atticus ought to help a little:)

Emily said...

I love this book, but I have to admit I tend to read trashier books. I love to snuggle up and imerse myself in someones eles life. Enjoy! Hope the unsettled feeling leaves soon.

100 Percent Cottam said...

maybe the unsettling feeling means that change is coming. good change. :) i love to kill a mockingbird, too, and that is the edition i have. GREAT book.

Kristi said...

I love this book, too. I love the familiarity of certain books. I hope this unsettled feeling goes away soon and all will be well...you are one fabulous girl, just remember (and I'm not just saying that to be nice to you :)