10.09.2007

ugggh

so its almost 10pm & i'm just finished grading papers & inputting grades. i'm exhausted, but i also just kinda got caught up on dvr tv programming... that is one thing you'll never hear me whine about. my sub yesterday did a great job. but there was the whole weekend's worth of papers to grade, plus yesterday & today. oh man. my eyes are burning. at least the pain is managed right now... i've had lots of people ask how the pain is - i'm not going to lie to you, when the meds wear off, before i can take the next dose, i wanna cry. it hurts. but when its kicked in, i'm ok. a little sedated, but that's probably good for me to feel sometimes. what isn't good - the state of my house. after over a week of feeling crappy - my house is suffering. i haven't unloaded the dishwasher in a few days. so there are dishes in the sink. i haven't put a new garbage bag liner in the kitchen garbage - so there is junk cluttering my counters. i need to give my bathroom a good scouring. i need to vacuum and dust. my dad would disown me if he saw my house right now. even i don't want to look around. just look at the tv, jones!

the one good thing about what i know now - i was feeling so off last week... happy enough, but just physically crappy. i felt like such a whiner. and i still am, i realize, but at least i now have good reason, or justification. but i need to start feeling better soon or else i'll have rats & roaches as new roommates. mail is in piles. a mary kay order is just sitting around, waiting to be organized, inventoried & put away. that's usually one of my favorite things. oh well... maybe this weekend. here's a weird craving... i want to do laundry and iron. i NEVER iron. but i'm thinking about washing a bunch of clothes & ironing. not tonight. tonight, i'm going to brush my teeth, empty my bladder, cause damnit - i can, wash my face, & read. which means in about 15 minutes, i'll be drooling... goodnight folks!

7 comments:

Emily said...

Good Night! Feel better and enjoy your sleep! As for the house, bah! Your sick!

Jori said...

Hey, don't blame dirty houses on rat infestations, sometimes they just invade okay? heehee.
glad your drugs are helping. I know how bad this all sucks. I really wanted to die when I had my cyst/appendix episode. Hope you feel better soon.

Jan said...

Hope you slept well. I'm with you on the good drugs - my intake has gone way down over the past few days but man, when I needed that stuff, I was watching the clock so that the next pill could be ingested right on time. Hang in there -- you will get better.

100 Percent Cottam said...

your house sounds like my house and i have no excuse. i've been off the cleaning wagon the last few days. i should be cleaning now but i'm reading blogs. then i want to take a nap. i probably won't, but you can see how motivated i am. at least you got your grades in! and i'm glad the pain is managed. now, i hope it goes AWAY!

Kristi said...

When you are sick, your house goes to crap--that's just how it is so don't feel bad! Just pretend like it's not dirty--you need to start feeling better before you clean...right? Take care of yourself, Hayley!

Melissa said...

Oh I love you Hayley...your just keepin it REAL! My house is in a similiar state because it has been neglected as I am on the countdown for this big party tomorrow!

Can't we just hire someone...I'm sure on your teacher's salary, you could afford one for both of us :)

tara said...

ha jori:)

keep pounding the meds Hayley...hope you got some sleep. the house can wait.