10.14.2007

sunday's update

well. the best part of today was when my face erupted with two nice volcanic mountains. and reading tara's comment about tahitiantwat. tonight on ldssingles i was chatting with a guy that i dated on there the first time a few years back... he asked about that situation, i told him his screenname - he said 'oh how gay'. that did my heart good. (by the way, we're friends now.) and other than greg being on there, looking at my profile & not saying or doing anything... (greg's officially not interested & i'm not hanging on to any glimpse of hope there) there's mostly just freaks and geeks on there.

freaks and geeks used to be limited to my parent's oldies but goodies group of empty nesters that they have FHE with on a frequent basis. now it will also be used for the lot on ldssingles. really people. don't feel sorry for me for being single. i stand before you to tell you - there are many worse things in life. like sending someone a message and asking "what was your favorite conference talk?" oh the mean thoughts that raced through my head. instead, i chose to not respond. that's a virtual bitch slap, right?

i did enjoy watching "the holiday" this afternoon. it reminded me that romance happens. in movies. with bloaks like jude law. i could handle him. i could put up with his nonsense. i might even try to be patient with him diddling the maid. and talk about the motivation to lose weight!!!

then i ventured over to dinner at heidi's house. mhmmm... some sort of boneless short ribs. and rice. (everyone should know i'm crazy about rice) and tomatoes with this lovely balsamic vinegarette on it. i've recently become a fan of tomatoes with balsamic vinegar on it. it has something to do with a trip to biaggi's with craig. there's something called caprese there. mhmm~ all in all dinner was delightful. annie was scrumptious. emma and porter performed some whacky dance for me. oh to be young & carefree again. it reminded me of the days when hojo and i used to dance around to the golden grahams song. or when heather made us stand in corners, in positions. good times.

and now i'm going to get ready for bed. i need to finish my book. its ridiculous how long its taking me. that's what happens when you're in pain. you lay on the couch and watch tv. zone. but - starting tomorrow, i'm back on the calorie counting & treadmill. and dr pepper limitations. this is going to give me an ulcer i fear.

9 comments:

Kristi said...

Hayley, you make me laugh so hard! Thank yuo for always putting a smile on my face with your sense o' humor. I loved The Holiday, too. And I am right there with you on the whole Jude Law thing--he's hot, straight up. I love that picture you posted, byt the way--it's so cute.

Kristi said...

Crap, that last comment was not edited--sorry.

Mom said...

Sounds like you had a good weekend.
As always, you make me smile. Have a good week at school.

Heather said...

I know, I still haven't finished Eat Pray Love either. What's up with that???? Cute picture, that's a classic. I don't even get weird-o's screen name, I'm with that guy...how gay is that??!

Emily said...

Oh love The Holiday. I was drooling over Jude Law, Spence kept telling to wipe my mouth! I love the picture!

tara said...

jude is delish:) so is the phrase "diddling" the maid:)

Is that picture you and Holly? I think she posted it once a long time ago maybe? It's so great. You both look so happy:)

way to be...bitch slapping people in cyberspace. That's why I love you hayley! Freaks and geeks? who needs em...

Jan said...

What a great picture -- did Natalie ever mention that she had that Underoos set too? And I love your comments so much - you just make me smile. Hang in there -- nothing wrong with singleness but I suspect it's not in your future for long.

100 Percent Cottam said...

i love the holiday - cute movie except that cameron diaz is the worst actress ever. what was your favorite conference talk is a screening process all its own, isn't it? love the underoos pic. you guys are the cutest.

Shelley said...

I had those underoos too. Why don't they make 'em like that anymore?