10.05.2007

something good

today, we had a spirit assembly with an amazing man who is affiliated with our district. his name is Steve James. he's written a whole bunch of songs for the state of utah for a program called "Prevention Dimensions" - its our drug free, violence free program. he comes and does a bunch of his songs with the kids. he's funny & entertaining. and his songs make me cry when i hear kids singing them. i don't have all of his music, so while my kids are out at recess, i did a little research. found a parent friendly (as opposed to just teacher friendly) website with some of his music. i know some of you momma's like having music that's uplifting & inspiring for your kids. go to this link!

8 comments:

Emily said...

Yay, I love to get this kind of stuff for my kids. Thanks for the link.

Kristi said...

That's awesome--thanks for the link. I have never heard of this guy but heck yeah we're looking for good music for the kids...

Jori said...

Thanks Hayley! I am going to check it out.

Jan said...

This looks like great stuff - -this is the kind of stuff I like to have around for the kiddoes.

Melissa said...

You live here...in Salt Lake? Why didn't you say so...I thought you were living in Chicago for some reason. We are TOTALLY going to have to go to lunch and meet ...now I'm so excited! E-mail me and we'll set something up
rcandgirls@comcast.net

I'll be waiting...I seriously can't wait!!

tara said...

cute stuff. I liked "scoot scat groove" quite a bit. I think YOUNG kids would really love his stuff. I'd would be fun to have going in the car.
thanks hayley:)

Melissa said...

Are you watching Oprah...Eat, Pray and Love is on right now!

100 Percent Cottam said...

sweet! thanks, chicky baby!