10.07.2007

the shivers

so this morning i woke up shivering in my bed. i pulled up my blankets & got under my body pillow. i couldn't fall back asleep cause i was freezing. (also slightly retarded... let me expand) so i laid there for a few more minutes & contemplated all that could be wrong with me. i was adding to my list a fever too tell the doctors about this week. oh silly me. i had myself in tears again. finally i got up out of bed - to come in here to check email. and you can count yourself lucky - cause the post i was going to write, was going to be a lot whiney-er. i just so happened to pass my thermostat. and discovered that i'm a dumas. (say it phonetically) its 58 degrees in my house! i haven't turned on the heat yet, cause i love the month of september, when you need neither the heat or the air. too bad its october now. heating is required, unless mental breakdown is wanted.

10 comments:

Heather said...

I wish it was that cold here!!

Emily said...

Oh I love the fall. I would've grabbed another blanket and snuggled down. Although I admit, I turned my heater on yesterday! I hope you can relax and enjoy conference.

tara said...

"dumas" is BRILLIANT. I like. I will steal:)

glad you figured out the source of your "fever" Hayley. honestly:)

Kristi said...

That sucks it was so freezing (although it sounds fabulous to me :)...but good thing it's not a fever, for rizzle. I hope you're feeling better today!

Jan said...

I'm hoping you're taking things really easy -- getting warmed up and relaxing. Keep us posted. We want to know.

100 Percent Cottam said...

shiver you little timbers! we're still pumpin' a.c. let us know what the doc says tomorrow.

Melissa said...

I've been wrapped up in PJ's and blankets all day...at least it's not snowing today. Stay warm!!

Jori said...

I hope they can tell you something tomorrow. I love the no a/c no heat time. Lucky for us that period usually goes Oct.-March. Good thing our last power bill was 300.00 grrrr made me SO mad!

Shelley said...

Not everyone can be as smart as Alexandre Dumas... ;) Get yourself some hot chocolate!

Mom said...

Still warm in Chicago but that is going to change tomorrow. I love the cool weather. It was freezing in church yesterday. All the little ladies had on jackets and sweaters. I was loving it and told Michael not to complain about the cold. As soon as they get complaints they turn on the heat.
Let me know as soon as you hear what the problem is with the pain.