10.24.2007

the rundown

this afternoon, i realized i screwed the pooch on one of my big projects i had the genius idea to start up this week. for some reason, stressful times always create brilliant teaching ideas for me. and i can't be patient and wait til next week - i have to get it up and going now. well, i got a few things messed up, so i had to backtrack. frustrating. but when i get this little program up and running, it'll be stellar.

then, my school laptop (a mac) basically froze & i'm thinking the hard drive crashed or something. it was megafrozen. so i forced the power off. that's happened before. no biggie. when i tried to turn it on again - a very bad thing happened. it flashed a no sign for a minute. like a circle with a line through it. i've never seen that guy before. then, it flashed a little file folder w/question mark. i turned it off & started over. same thing. i put my head on my desk and fought tears. tomorrow conferences start for me. luckily, i've got report cards done (as of this morning) but i've still got lots of stuff to do, computer wise. and you can't expect me to be at work for 12 hours tomorrow and not have access to my blogs. how will i survive? i've got a meeting scheduled tomorrow a.m. with the school computer tech/pervert. heaven help me if he can't fix it.

so i leave school else i was fearing what would happen to said lappy. it might've gone through a window or something. so i remember that i need to get my oil changed especially before my upcoming roadtrip. how humiliating would that be to have my car break down with my father as a passenger. i'd never hear the end of that one. it's bad enough that i crashed 2x in '06. so i go over to the close, brand new little jiffy lube. the grease monkey was cute and he was flirty with me. gave me all kinds of discounts and extras. so i got a few new filters, etc. i don't want things going wrong on this road trip. let me tell you. how would i explain it to hopey? so, i'm leaving... pulling out knowing that the two guys are talking about me as i drive away. when all of a sudden BAM, i hit the curb. and by that i mean, i went up on it. NO DAMAGE. thankfully. but i am barking my loudest bark. i look in my mirror - the two dudes... they're laughing too. nice. what an idiot.

then, i have the lovely pleasure of meeting jamie for dinner. we go to cafe rio. i honestly think she's converted me to bajio. minus two things - cafe rio's tortillas are still better. and their dressing is still better. a little. otherwise, i like bajio's rice and corn. and chicken. and i don't mind their dressing. still mighty tasty.

anyway - so later on in the meal, a couple of cops come and sit at a table close to us. our attention was turned when a couple of handsome young men entered the vacinity. and i make the comment "they looked a little nervous when they saw the coppers." to which jamie replied "yeah, they're thinking the 4-0! the 4-0!" i burst out laughing. cause you see, its the 5-0. it definitely made my night though.

now, i'm home. i needa update my daily eating allotment. and then i'll figure out how long i'll need to be on the treadmill tonight to even myself out. i'm keeping my fingers crossed its less than 2 hours.

12 comments:

Jori said...

Computer mishaps are the worst! I hope they get it fixed for you. Mac lap top eh? Not too shabby. It sounds like you gave the grease monkeys a little thrill too. Were you wearing the gap swim suit top? You naughty little minx.

PS-Good job on daily plate. I ate straight sugar yesterday and didn't exercise. At least I stayed under my calorie allotment.

Mom said...

Sounds like a good day. I sure hope that computer can get fixed. Nothing is faster than the computer. I love it. It also can be the worst nightmare like the time I lost all my Quicken and didn't have a back up. I have learned my lesson and use a jump drive.

tara said...

wow. your mom is a smartie pants.

I am with you on the bajio rice and corn. They are fantastic. Too bad they don't have Cafe Rio pork and dressing. It would be food bliss:)

hope your lappie is up and running ASAP.
Way to bark for the grease monkeys.

Heather said...

Listen to Mom talking about her jump drive. Impressive. That sucks about the computer, that's the worst. I wonder how long I should have worked out today to even out for all the cake I've had the last 2 days. :) You said you go to cafe rio do you mean this new place bajio? Sounds lovely. I need to get some cafe rio in this weekend!! Yeah this weekend!!

Heather said...

I was also tickled with the whole car crash while flirting thing haha

Shelley said...

I hope the lappy makes it! I wish I was a Mac Girl, then you wouldn't have to deal with a perv. Gross. Good Luck with the Treadmill! Run a mile for me! ;)

Shelley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Emily said...

Good luck with the computer,and treadmill. Love that you hit the curb, that is something I would so do!

100 Percent Cottam said...

nice driving, toonces! (remember toonces the driving cat from snl back in the day?) sounds like you pulled a natalie! :)

Holly O. said...

Toonces the driving cat. haha, Natalie. Hayley is totally toonces. She's has driving issues. Sorry, Goose, but it is true.

Holly O. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melissa said...

I'm thinking you should head back over to the oil change place and ask one of those fine boys for a date!! :)