10.11.2007

random me

Last week I wandered into Old Navy & found a few treasures on sale. I needed a coupla shirts. Long ones in length and sleeve. Fat Hayley didn't have enough winterized shirts. Fat Hayley found a couple of deals, including this lovely little bessie on the left. $4.98. Don't worry, I got it in another color, too. Cause if there's one thing my momma taught me - enjoy a good bargain. I am so tempted to go back & get in every large color that they have. What I like best about this: its looooooosey. like maternity style. i'm not above wearing maternity clothes . but this isn't one. my favorite thing about it today is that i don't have to suck in chuck all day, which is ultra nice when my painkillers wear off & then i can really feel the soreness of my belly. i also like this shirt cause it really flatters my little chest. i mean, Fat Hayley has gotten a little bit bigger of a chest, but we all know in the next few months I'm going to be Skinny Hayley again & will probably lose these kids. Sad day. My kids are looking at my belly today though. Maybe I should start rubbing it & whispering to it. Ha - lets get the rumors started before Parent Teacher Conferences.

I was remembering some funny things about one of my freshman year roommates, Brittany. She was one of the funniest, fun people. She is now a married, momma of three adorable children, so keep in mind she was just having fun. But if Britt didn't know what to wear, she'd exclaim in full dramatics, "I better pray about it!" Or - I remember one time while we were looking at our boobies, as only college freshman women can do & Brittany said, "my momma always said, as long as you have a handful, you're good to go." I assure you Britt's mom didn't say that. But I've adopted that phrase over the years. People don't argue with things your momma always said... So if you've ever heard me say that since - please know, whatever I'm saying is probably something my momma would actually have a heart attack over if she heard me say. especially in that context! (sorry nedra) another something something that I enjoy watching people's reaction with: "my therapist says..." can't argue much there, either.

oh shoot, i'm telling all my secrets~

10 comments:

Mom said...

Cute shirt. I laughed at "lovely little Bessie."

Jan said...

Very cute shirt -- what other color did you get? and I love the concept of starting a Miss Jones rumor just in time for parent/teacher conf. You're making me smile today!

Jori said...

Cute shirt! 4.98? Can't beat that. I might have to drop by Old Navy. I love that all of these empire waist preggy type shirts are in right now. Somewhat hides my deflated beach ball tummy.

Holly O. said...

Anything to hide the muffin top if A+ is my book.

Emily said...

Cute cute! I love the shirt. I wish I would get a bit bigger by gaining a little weight. Mine just goes to my belly and ingnores my chest.

Kristi said...

I love that "My therapist said" and NO one can argue with "My momma said" Those are classic! Thank goodness for you and your sense o' humor. I like that shirt you got at Old Navy!! $4.98??!! That is a freakin good deal. Way to work the bargains.

100 Percent Cottam said...

great shirts! i'm all about the bargains, too. i love the "momma said" line. "my therapist said" is probably more appropriate at our age. :)

Shelley said...

That "handful" line always made me mad. It always always hurted my feelings because I have like two handfuls, and that's like only one of these babies. *sigh* Enjoy the lack of back/neck problems Miss Hayley. :-Þ I'd give you one of my handfuls if I could!

tara said...

wow. I wish I could share some of my *wealth*. One hand-full doesn't qutie cover it.

I honestly don't even get how your brain comes up with this stuff but I so love that you keep me happy over here:)
cute shirts, by the way:)

Heather said...

Good deals! Love that. You should so get a good rumor started about baby Chuckie! The parents would love that. haha