10.16.2007

more "teach" stories

so I've mentioned before I have a little girl in my class that just keeps me on my toes. she kills me this girl. let me give you some details so you can envision this: kids working quietly on their grammar & spelling. me sitting at my desk correcting papers. i brought to school today my "i heart jim" notepad from the glorious dollar bins @ target. its got my "to do" list on it for this next week or so (things that must be done before conferences next week) my list is sitting on my desk, clipped to my plan book. she comes up to hand me a paper. "teach, do you watch this show?" pointing to the paper. I nodded. "my mom does, so i do, too... did you see that one where the boss, Michael threw up? I mean who goes running without drinking water? Yuck, that was disgusting, teach!" she just threw that all out before I could respond. My response was a big ol' smile. she cracks me up!

9 comments:

Jan said...

OK, I used to love kids like that one. Just makes the whole day better, doesn't it?

Emily said...

She sounds like a riot! What a cutie!

tara said...

oh I love "teach" stories. love them. that girl is entertaining.

Kristi said...

Any girl that is with it on The Office is a friend o' mine :) I love that sass!

Shelley said...

She has a good point. Who in their right mind goes running without drinking water? Then again, Michael is never in ANYONE'S right mind. ;) I like that kid.

Jori said...

Heheehe what a crack up! Really who does go running without water, and who eats a whole plate of pasta before running?;) Well I guess I would if it were for an important cause like rabies.

100 Percent Cottam said...

man i love that kid! she sounds like a keeper, teach!

Melissa said...

What grade do you teach?...sounds like she keeps you on your toes, gotta love that, huh? I do love kid stories...they crack me up!

Heather said...

Funny girl! I like that she calls you teach.