10.02.2007

i'm zonked

today after school we had another meeting. i went to dinner with kim afterwards & i didn't get home til after 7. then i had to pay bills. then i graded three sets of papers. have three more to do, but i'll do that tomorrow during p.e. & library (i hate getting behind on grades & i grade most things. my thought is, if we're going to do the work, i'm going to assess it. which sometimes leads to a lot of head shaking & wondering aloud "how can i fail them more?") this meeting (we also had one on friday afternoon - the day i'm tracking on, hence getting behind in everything) was another fantastic meeting. just on things that i needed a refresher course on - stuff i've been exposed to before through some class or another, but either have forgotten why its important, or in some cases thrown stuff away cause i wasn't using it & got sick of moving it. oh, the joys of going off track & into storage. sometimes i throw stuff away that i shouldn't. ok - the point of this post is: i'm exhausted. working out is draining me. eating healthy is quite unsatisfying. diet dr pepper ain't doing it either. (i'm so tempted to stop and get a big ol' drink in the morning with the good ice) school's kicking my can. my kids are good, i'm enjoying them, but i'm feeling like i can't get on top of things - caught up if you will. i like being on top of things. i need to be caught up. i'm a self proclaimed organizational freak. i might not be the nicest teacher in the world - but i'm organized & well planned & i know where my junk is. usually. today i spent about 15 minutes searching for a paper that i needed - a whole sheets worth of grades. when i finally found it, i burst out into song. my poor students. they truly have a freaky teacher.

i don't mean to sound like a complainer. i'm actually really glad i had both of these meetings - they're motivating. and i'm enjoying being back at school with my friends. i had a chat this morning with a teacher that's new to my school this year, who i'm quickly finding myself liking more and more - friends are good. i just need to go to bed tonight before 12 & not wake up at 2 worried about something stupid, or being perplexed from one of those dreams that happen when you just have a lot on your mind.

*keep your fingers crossed i get up in the morning to get on the tread.
*say a few prayers so that the gas station has the dr pepper syrup properly taken care of, else i might have to deck someone.

10 comments:

Mom said...

Hope you sleep good tonight. I'm having problems in that area, too. Can't get off Hong Kong time.
This is off the subject but I really like the girl's white shoes in the Dr. Pepper ad on your blog. If anyone has seen them I want to know where. Thanks.

Melissa C- said...

My hat goes off to you for being a teacher...I bet you are a fabulous one at that! What grade do you teach? I am sure I will never know how much work goes into teaching but I appreciate everything you all do for my kids! Applause, Applause, Applause.

(I'll keep my fingers crossed on the Dr. P thing in the mornin')

Heather said...

This is the hard part when you are trying to change. The newness has worn off and it's just plain hard now. BUT, it will get easier. Keep doing what you are doing. You need to cross over that "hump" where exercise actually starts becoming enjoyable. You will start to see pounds come off and you will get a renewed sense of motivation. As far as the DP goes, just keep it to one a day no matter what you drink, I think the regular is better for you anyway :)

I hope you get a handle on your stuff better today so you don't feel so stressed out. That's the worst! Glad you are liking the kids, that's a plus!!

Kristi said...

Hayley, you have a TON of stuff going on--no wonder you're tired! I love that you are so organized...can you come organize my life please? I feel for you, too, on the waking up in the night and stressing over stuff. I am the same way and I hate it!! But I hope things get easier for you tomorrow and you get more sleep & Diet DP!!

Jori said...

Everything seems worse at night, I hate the middle of the night worry. Keep going on Daily plate. I just dropped 2 more pounds. I have like a zillion more to go,but at least it's going down instead of up. I think that's great that you grade ALL papers. Kids need that feedback. I hope you have a great day!

Jan said...

You have a lot going on -- so just hang in there and keep on going. It will all fall into place, as will the weight loss thing. Heather said it all.

Emily said...

hang in there.

100 Percent Cottam said...

i'm feeling that same way at home. just like i can't ever get ahead. it's crazy. i keep thinking, one of these days, but it never seems to happen. just keep on keeping on...that's what i do!

Brie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brie said...

I totally get what you're saying...I put a note pad and pen next to my night stand so that when I do wake up at night and remember something so small that I HAVE to do...I write it down and then I can go back to bed...my mind races...hugs not drugs.