10.22.2007

i'm stacked...

and i'm not talking about boobies either. (wait for it) i'm talking about books. i went to the library after work today. i got no less than 12 books. of all types of varietals. depending on my moods. so i don't get into a book rut. i can handle a real life rut. i can't handle book ruts. its depressing.

and by the way, i've become a die hard fan of "how i met your mother" - in the past, i was just a catch-it-every-once-in-a-while kinda girl. now, its definitely dvr'd. and i love barney. and i love the "wait for it" - i've incorporated it into my teaching. my kids crack up. you should try. get your kids all reared up for something. then say "wait for it!" they'll giggle.

too bad that as busy as i'm going to be this week, i'll probably not crack one of the pages in any of my new book choices. but do check out my list. many of you are my inspiration. i love wandering up and down the aisles at the library. i ran into this lady from my school there. she's a secretary, i taught her daughter so many many years ago now. she saw all the books in my stack and said "whoa! do you plan on reading all weekend long?" hehe... cause we have a four day weekend staring us in the eyes ladies and gentleman... and i said "no way. i plan on smothering my bubbies this weekend!!!" how excited am i for that one?

15 comments:

Jori said...

man all this boobie talk made my eyes play tricks on me. I thought that last line said "i plan on smothering my boobies this weekend" I'm thinking in what Hayley girl? Then re read and understood.:)

Amy said...

HIMYM is an awesome show! We too have incorporated "wait for it" into our family vocabulary. Those babies will pull you out of your rut!

PS-Jori's comment had me laughing out loud!

Kristi said...

I actually think you are stacked bobbies-wise (hmmm, hope that's not too forward) and I LOVE finding out what you are reading because I always want to read it too (because that's how I roll). I still haven't seen "How I met yo momma," and I am really feeling like it's past due.

Kristi said...

I meant "boobies-wise" (crap) and Jori's comment made me laugh!!

Mom said...

You will have fun this weekend. I plan on making sure of that.

Shelley said...

I'm rarely to never stacked... in the book department I mean. I've got the boobies thing down pat. One book is usually stacked enough for me! And it takes me a WHILE to finish it too. sad eh? Maybe I'll be like you someday. :) At least I *AM* reading again! That's something!

Melissa said...

So are you saying you AREN'T stacked in the boobies dept? Just wanted to clarify...always thought of you as the type who could pull a stacked set off easily...:)

Tiburon said...

I love How I Met Your Mother! LOVE IT. Barney is the best. The Hot/Crazy curve with the Mendoza diagonal KILLED me!! Have fun with your four day weekend and all your books. :)

Heather said...

Your "stack" looks like a good one. I finished eat pray love and I did really like it. India slowed a little bit for me, but still interesting the other two chapters i enjoyed lots! Im going to read love in the time of cholera next. Can't wait for this weekend!!

Holly O. said...

It is about bloody time you started watching this show. I've been telling you since it came on that it was funny. I guess it took Natalie to recommend for you to listen.

Hayley said...

hojo - give yourself credit. you're the one who got me on that show. and two and a half men. natalie didn't recommend - you did. i just finally gave in and became the true tv addict that i am! (with a dvr)

Holly O. said...

Gosh. Now I feel so special. I'll be nice for the rest of the day.

tara said...

never seen the show...but now that YOU recomend it (not Holly:) I'll give it a looksie:)

Jan said...

I'm a big Jodi Picoult fan - -and of course love "To Kill a Mockingbird". I need to get some of your other picks. I can't even think of a good comment for the stacked thing -- I"ll save it for the next post.

100 Percent Cottam said...

how i met your mother - "him-ym" as i like to call it - is one of my favorites. barney is legen - wait for it - dary!