10.01.2007

hiiiii-yah!

So - today, I was mighty hungry by lunch time. I got up and exercised this morning & then worked my tail off from 7:00 til 11:40 - give me food or give me death! So I get my neat little school lunch plate all ready & loaded... Mhmmm... pineapple. salad. pretzel w/cheese sauce, even broccoli. I was anxious to go and sit with my team & visit, cause I haven't seen them much. so i get to the door where to go through the gym. my hands were full. so i kicked open the door like a mad person & let out a big ol' hiiiiiii-yah! forgetting that sometimes first grade is in there having their p.e. well - they're first graders & its not usually so quiet, so i figured it didn't matter. oh no. today, they had the whole first grade in there & they had a guest little mini assembly going on. a local karate school was visiting & teaching karate moves. so i bust in & almost knock over my sensai. he probably knew i was coming and moved outta my way! he turns to me & says "well, hello!" i was so embarrassed. what a moron! i don't kick open the doors very often, but of course the one time i act like an idiot, i've got a huge audience. and a fitting one, indeed.

8 comments:

Kristi said...

Everybody was kung-fu fighting! :) Hayley, that is awesome! I think it's pretty cute and I bet those kid liked your enthusiasm for Karate...Was he your numbchuck sensai? because I can refer you to one...

Jan said...

Cracked me up. At least you didn't drop your tray! That's what I would have done.

Jori said...

Oh my that had me laughing. Maybe you can start wearing those flag print pants, and give people "roundhouse kicks to the head."

Holly O. said...

I can just imagine you karate chopping open that door. Get outta my way, beotch!

100 Percent Cottam said...

mercy, i love love love you!!! these stories make my day.

Heather said...

How funny! You are a crazy girl.

Mom said...

Funny, I could see the whole thing going down and I'm glad you held on to the tray.

Melissa C- said...

See, this is the kind of foolish thing I can relate to...you kick ass girlfriend!