10.31.2007

halloween '07

aside from developing a sore throat throughout the day, which just kept getting worse and worse, i had a great day. my costume went over like a fart in church. in that - the kids loved it! they giggled and smiled. parents even laughed. i told myself i needed to be in a good mood, cause i'm often so grumpy parading around in some foolish costume as an adult. today - i simply was a cafeteria worker. i wore their hat. i had their bowl & rag. everyone knew what i was. and - i was smiling. i'm sure that made it all better. class party went over well. the kids were excited & cute. lots of ninjas & princesses today. they had a fun day. i'm glad. i did too.

after school, i went and voted. (for any of you living in utah, you have heard of referendum 1. my stance on the matter - no! i know lots of people are mislead, but i promise, it won't solve any problems in utah. i won't go into it, but how can something that all teachers are against be good?) went to vote early at the firehouse with marilynn... she's my mom's age. and she can out talk anyone. its great to go vote with someone who talks. a lot. cause you're not supposed to talk in there. then i went and returned some skirts that i ordered from kohls. they weren't doing it for me.

tonight, craig and i went to texas roadhouse and had a steak dinner. mhmmmm. then we went to see Dan in Real Life. What a fantastic movie! I highly recommend. run, don't walk to go see that one, as quick as possible!!! I'm pretty sure I would've enjoyed it just a little more if Craig, who is extremely ADHD, would've remembered his meds today & could've sat still for about 3 minutes before wiggling & shaking something on himself and thus me.

all in all, it was a good day. now i just need some hot cider & and another dose of my throat medicine.

16 comments:

Mom said...

Sounds like a busy day. Glad your costume worked. Halloween is an important holiday for kids and I'm glad they had fun.

Jan said...

I used to hate Halloween when I did school music - -the kids were totally wired on sugar and by the time I sent them out, I was DONE. Yay for you for being able to smile because it IS a fun day for them. And you are the second or third recommendation I've read for that movie - it's on the list for this weekend.

Dad said...

Like I said, DRINK POSTUME!

Dad said...

That's POSTUM!

Hayley said...

dad, if you can't spell, i don't have to listen to you!

Jori said...

Sloppy Joe,Sloppy,sloppy joe.. Thanks for getting that song in my head lunch lady.:)

tara said...

I second the postum. Listen to your dad. he's a smartie:)

texas roadhouse is GOOOOD. especially the rolls.

Heather said...

I would rather be sick that drink that crap!!! haha Sorry Dad I don't have your love of the Postum. That movie does sound great. I can't wait to see it. Maybe this weekend????

100 Percent Cottam said...

sounds like a dream night! texas roadhouse (mhmmmm is right!) AND dan in real life? i'm dying to see it. in fact, i need to go beg my mama to babysit for me this weekend so i can make chris take me on a date.

love your costume. that's so clever. i'm sure the kids thought it was hilarious.

Emily said...

Oh I can't wait to go see this movie. So fun, glad you had a good Halloween. What is Postum?

Melissa said...

Postum, Postume, Possum...it's all the same!

Glad you were a cheery lunch worker...sometimes they can be downright grouchy!

Holly O. said...

Sounds like quite the day. Who knows when I'll see a movie again! Maybe Thanksgiving weekend?!?!? haha

Tiburon said...

1. I hope you feel better soon!
2. I am voted against Ref 1 too.
3. Love the Texas Roadhouse. The rolls and butter are the best - I could make a whole meal out of them.
4. I want to see Dan in Real Life -I just need a sitter
5. I hope you are feeling better (I know that was #1 - but you could have improved a bit by now...)

Holly O. said...

Pictures of lunch lady Hayley, please. You better have pictures.

Shelley said...

I'm sick this week too, totally sucks. I'll pass on the postum though. :-s I'd rather drink nyquil ;)

Kristi said...

I love the whole "Fart in church" comment--man, you crack me up. I'm glad it was a hit! I love Texas Roadhouse and Dan in Real Life, too! Good times, Hayley!