10.06.2007

the good news is...

i'm not pregnant. and i don't have a bladder infection. one i wasn't worried about (at all!) and the other i didn't think was the problem, but wasn't sure. you figure that one out.

this morning my gut had me in so much pain that if i would've thought of it, i would've called an ambulance. i couldn't move. i could only cry. until i fell back asleep for a little while, waking up, still exhausted. i finally dragged my sorry tush to the doctor earlier this afternoon. insta care, that is. now, based on all of my crazy, unexplainable ailments in the past, i've lost lots of faith in doctors, so i don't go unless my parents threaten to call heidi. which means that i'm going to have one of the world's most disgusting juices made for me to cure me of the situation, or she'll drag me to the doctor herself. i decided to be mature about it today & go on my own. and cause i was in some serious pain. a little urine and blood later - he tells me that i need to go in monday for an ultrasound & a followup on tuesday with my regular doc. they'll look for a cyst, which is what he thinks it sounds like, but they're not sure. fun.

i'm crying again as i type this, cause it sucks. the pain & all the missing of the work. and the not knowning. and the money that will probably ultimately be wasted when they find nothing, and the pains not gone.

16 comments:

Emily said...

Oh Hayley, I'm sorry. Cyst are not fun! I hear they are so painful. I'm thinking of you and hope that everything turns out okay!

Mom said...

You have my love and prayers.

Jori said...

Hayley I hope you feel better soon. You just keep after those doctors until they find whats wrong. I had severe stomach pain/vomitting on my mission. I had to be taken to the E.R. It turns out I had ovarian cysts(one ruptured) and my appendix were ready to burst too. Nice combo. Prior to my trip to the ER a doctor examined me and told me nothing was wrong. Whatever dude the next day I had a temp of 104 and was hoping to die. If it get's too bad you just get your little self over to the ER.

Jori said...

Oh one more thing. After the ovarian cyst burst, it filled me so full of infection I was in the hospital for 10 days. They also removed my appendix. I am glad you are getting a ultra sound, if you do have cysts it will be good if they catch it before they burst. I felt mine burst it was a huge painful popping sensation that woke me from a dead sleep. If you feel anything like that get to the ER. Maybe somebody should come and stay with you.

Melissa said...

I am so sorry Hayley...I hope you make it through the weekend without too much pain. Let us know what is going on, hopefully it is something that they can remedy quick. Do you want me to come over...even though I've never met you, I could make you some soup!

Kristi said...

Hayley--you are in my prayers today! I am sooo unbelieveably sorry and I would bring you a dozen cookies to ease your pain!
:) Take good care of yourself and rest don't stress and get a blessing!!! (Do you like how I order you around?) I'm so sorry...I wish there was something I could do.

Shelley said...

Ugh. :( I wish there was something I could do for you from here... I'm so sorry you're in so much pain! I'm with Jori though, don't let them tell you its nothing! You're strong, I've never seen you cry over pain. :( Be strong *hugs*

100 Percent Cottam said...

awww, hayley! this sucks! i hope they can get this figured out and get you all fixed up. i'll put you on my prayer list. sending lots o' hugs for you!!! take care of yourself!

Kristin said...

Dang, Hayley. I'm so sorry. Hang in there, and keep us all posted! I'll be thinking about you!!

Jennifer said...

Haley, I'm coming out of stalk mode to tell you I hope you feel better and get to the bottom of this. Also, the ultrasound - if its the internal kind, be prepared. When I had mine done, they ultrasound tech jokingly called it "fred". **ahem** Just thought I should warn you;) Feel better.

Jennifer said...

Oops, I spelled your name wrong...Hayley...duh.

Holly O. said...

Feel better Goose.

Miss Jones said...

thanks everyone. heavy doses of naproxen & a blessing from david tonight. hopefully will be able to sleep well & get through tomorrow!

tara said...

darn Hayley. Pain is no good.
feel better:)

Heather said...

Yuck, I hope you feel better Hayley!

Jan said...

Ah, Hayley! I'm sending lots of love and prayers your way too -- I'm hoping you got that blessing and that you're feeling some better. Take great care of yourself - you matter to so many people!