9.26.2007

whoa...

i'm still sweaty from the treadmill. i just grabbed a handful of grapes as a little snack. i've had 5 glasses of water today. i started an account on www.thedailyplate.com thanks to jori's recommendation. its a good thing i went grocery shopping for holly's "trip" - cause i got all kinds of fruit. and healthy snacks. for munch, but now its just sitting in my fridge inching its way to rotting - so i decided to eat that crap. its healthy. that's good for me, too - not just my 2 year old, adorable nephew. i've got: grapes, bananas, apples, oranges, lettuce, carrots, string cheese, goldfish crackers, cheerios. holy guacamole - that's the most nutritious my fridge has been since heather was here. ha.

i'm back on track kids. i'm going to lose weight. chin. flabby arms. ("flabby" is an understatment, but i'm being gentle on myself) even a little bit of chuck. my goal is 20 - 30 pounds. and don't you worry one little bit heather - i'm also going to tone up. my calfs, thighs, arms. stomach too. its for the good of my back.

today's thankful moment: i'm thankful for heather. for never looking at me like i'm disgusting, when i ate her out of house and home. or drinking can of dr pepper after can. talking about double teaming it people. (i bought a 12 pack & didn't want it to go to waste) for encouraging health & exercise, but not being judgemental. for being a good example. i'll never love it like she does, but i can get myself to where people don't think "no, you're the one that's had 4 kids, not that one!"

6 comments:

Heather said...

Good for you Hayley!! I love that you have all that healthy food and you aren't going to let it rot, that's great :)That food journaling is pretty interesting, I've done it before and i"m always suprised just how much food I really eat. I have really enjoyed cooking lately and eating lots of different kinds of fruits and veggies (especially the veggies) eat that rainbow! You go on that treadmill, I ran today too on the treadmill at the gym go Hayley go Hayley. xo

Jan said...

Good job, Hayley! Do it! You can. Just hang in there with it. I'm not so good at healthy eating myself -- I have good willpower and can just NOT eat but that's totally the wrong approach (obviously - duh!) to the weight thing. You can do it!!

Holly O'Keefe said...

Sorry you bought all that food for Connor. Hims likes all of it!

Jori said...

I am so happy you joined daily plate we can motivate each other. My user name is JoriJeppson if you want to add me to your friend list.

100 Percent Cottam said...

sweet! good work. i'm grateful for heather, too. she's a great example...by example. i appreciate that about her too. i hate preachy people. she just does her thing and we can all watch and learn.

Melissa C- said...

Way to be motivated! I've been trying to get back to the gym since our trip and still haven't made it in. I'll try again tomorrow...keep up the good work. And although I've never met you I think you are absolutely darling and don't need to change a bit!