9.28.2007

today's disaster:

wow. today was a no stopping day. nothing like going back to work to make that cruise feel like a million miles away. good thing many of my friends wanted to see my pictures (of course i brought my cruising photo album souvenir with pictures fully loaded!) so i could relieve some memories. i had 2 meetings this morning, one meeting this afternoon. right at 1:30, as the kids were leaving, they had to cut the water off. Holy Canolis - that's not good for a girl drinking on the heavy side of water today! Apparently the genius who's installing our new lower grade playground literally popped a gasket or water pipe & our whole playground was flooding. so the city came out and shut off our water. needless to say, i had many more things to do at school tonight, but needed water access, so an hour after our last meeting ended, i headed home. LONG DAY! i brought home many things to do tonight, tomorrow & sunday. And - I'll have to go in mighty early on Monday morning. sad that my stress levels have been so low for 3 weeks & now all of a sudden, they're through the roof.

on the bright side: one of my very dear friends, ranae is getting sealed by proxy to her husband tomorrow. he died a little over a year ago after a short bout with cancer. they were never sealed, he hadn't been active, she'd only been active for a little while. since he's died, she's had so many strong impressions that he was working on getting himself ready. i'm going tomorrow. my first time for this particular cup of tea. i'm super exited. for their family & for myself to have this experience. i hope that's not selfish.

9 comments:

Jori said...

Wow Hayley, that is so cool that you get to go to the sealing. That is going to be such a neat experience.

Heather said...

That's cool Hayley, I'm glad you get to go to that. AND I'm glad that she is getting sealed to him. Sorry your day was rather hellish. Tomorrow will be better!

Jan said...

Not selfish at all. I love going to sealings -- when it's your own, you are too into the whole event to remember a thing that they said. This way, you can listen and enjoy.

Kristi said...

Hayley! What an amazing experience for your friend and for you. That is such an incredible story. I'm so happy for her.

IOn the other hand, sorry you had such a stressful day/weekend. I hope it gets better asap...keep your chin up (I'm so cheesy)

Shelley said...

I don't think its selfish at all. It's like saying you're excited to volunteer at the Children's Hospital. It's a win win situation. He needs you there at His temple, just as much as you need to be there. :)

It's also a plus that you get to be there for your friend.

Miss Jones said...

yeah, you're right shelley & everyone... its a good selfish for me. I've been needing this, too! ;)

Mom said...

Have a beautiful day. I'm so glad to be home and back in contact with the real world. I will be anxious to hear all about today.

Melissa C- said...

Nothing like a little stress to welcome you back from vacation! At least you can escape from it all at the temple...for a little while that is.

100 Percent Cottam said...

wow, that is super cool, hayley. i'm happy for you that ou get to be a part of something so special. i want to hear about it.