9.25.2007

quite the day

I woke up this morning laughing. cause i was farting. big ol' loud ones. (sorry dad) at 3:57 am. when I realized the time i stopped laughing. then I realized that my stomach really hurt. then I froze with panic - what if i just crapped my pants? I didn't, and I won't go into detail about the events that followed. just know that it wasn't pretty. a fan was involved. and I was up for an hour.

I met Meeja for lunch today - we had a talk about life, overall general happiness. i kinda mentioned to her that I've lately felt uninspired about church. its not like I'm doing anything all that wrong, beyond looking for excuses not to have to go to church. which is wrong, i realize. but I'm not doing other wrongish things. i just haven't been getting lots out of church. but meeja pointed out that she's been focusing on not asking the Lord for things, just focusing on telling the Lord what she's thankful for. I'm going to try that one - really think about what I'm thankful for. Cause I am thankful for many things, but I don't think I focus on it enough & I surely don't communicate that gratitude to the Big Guy. (I hope I'm not struck for that one.)

Here's one thing I know - I'm not thankful for my digestive crap, I mean track. I wish I could be, but I'm not. But I am thankful for my medicine that typically makes things so much better. Now, I just need to get back into the routine, post vacation of taking it again. regularly. regular is a good thing!

12 comments:

Heather said...

Hayley, Hayley, I have been laughing about you waking yourself up farting since you told me this morning. How lovely. Glad you didn't poop in your pants, that would have been a bit over the top! :)
It sounds like Meeja gave you some great advice. Thankful is good.

Holly O'Keefe said...

Hey freaky dink. How much milk did you inhale yesterday? Are you taking your medicine? Your digestive crap, I mean track, might do better if you take your meds.

Holly O'Keefe said...

And I know you are going to roast me and say you did take your medicine but you still had stomach problems. If that is the case, I'm sorry. That sucks. You have many things to be thankful for and I am glad you know that.

Holly O'Keefe said...

One more thing. I should really get all my thoughts together before I comment! Anyway, you do realize you just opened the door to Mom and Dad asking you questions, right????

Miss Jones said...

a) i haven't been taking my medicine. i know - i deserved it. i did take it at about 4:15 this morning though. and mom and dad can ask questions - i'm more worried about dad yelling at me for farting and then laughing. i haven't done anything wrong. just not loving church.

Holly O'Keefe said...

I know you are not doing anything wrong. That is not what I meant.

Melissa C- said...

Oh you crap me up, I mean crack me up! Boy you and Tara should really be friends...hey, I think you already are...you guys and your digestive systems! Sorry Tar, hope I'm not revealing any secrets!

I am so with you on the whole church thing...I need to be re-inspired and go with the right attitude. Sometimes it's just hard, but keep on keepin'on my friend.

I'm gonna add you to my list, you can add me...I know, let's be friends!

Girl James said...

Hayley - i think you have the most REAL blog out there. Anyone who openly talks about worrying they crapped the PJ's at 3am is good in my book.
ps - maybe it's the weather. i woke up the other day, totally fine, rolled over and then was like *OW*. That stomach pain you get before you have to go Di-Di (as we Harker's call Diarrhea). It came out of nowhere and simply because I rolled over! Stupid!

Girl James said...

oh - as far as church goes...you know i've got nothing for you. Haven't been in YEARS! Just go to another single's ward. That'll give you LOTS to be thankful for!

Jori said...

Hayley you just crack me up. I was sick last year and did crap my pants. I ripped one and said "Oh Crap" Ryan was like "what?" I said "Oh crap,literally" not pretty. Sorry your stomach gives you such trouble. Meeja sounds like a wise woman. I think we all have up's and down's with church. I think being thankful and serving other gives us the spark we need to keep going. I really want to hang out soon, you are great!

Jan said...

I think regular is a very good thing - -and I also loved Meeja's advice. A really hard look at my blessings (and I have many) really does change my attitude about everything. As for church -- just hang in there and keep going. I agree with Jori that we all have the ups and downs -- and the most important thing is to just stay the course. (that sounded cruise-like and I wanted to get that in there! hahaha!)

100 Percent Cottam said...

hee hee, pants pooper. or near pants pooper. i had an incident like that a few years back that did end as cleanly as yours do. a "check your pants" moment that didn't end well. good times. great advice from meeja. gratitude is a good thing. and i think everything in the gospel is self perpetuating. the more grateful you are, the more grateful you become. the more you read your scriptures the more you get out of it and the greater desire you have to read. the more prepared you are to learn when you attend church, the more you learn and the more you look forward to going again. just keep on keeping on! you'll get to where you want to be! :)