9.18.2007

poor hopey

well, i was holding miss girlie, cause heather says that if i'm a good cindy, i would go pick up hayden, but i assured her i'm not & cracked open another dr pepper. so she went half the block down to get him (its hot & i've not stopped sweating all afternoon). well, its like grand central station around here & scout keeps finding reason to bark. which makes hopey nervous, if not scared. i just so happened to be holding her one time and she instantly shoves thumby in her mouth & grabbed my ear (her self soothing is the cutest in the world!) right as i let out a giant belch. like the kind that blew her hair back. she squinted. then did a scrunchy face. i'm sure she tasted it. so i felt kinda gross, not my most graceful moment - so i set her on the ground. right afterwards, a big ol mosquito eater landed on my arm. i'm pretty quick. i grabbed my croc flip flop and beat that guy down. i proceeded to beat the hell out of him. i stomped him to bits~ right in front of hope. she was slightly traumatized. so i picked her back up. i can't do this poor girl right. well. as i'm typing this, i look over at his remains and the son of a gun started flying again. this time, i grabbed someone elses shoe, with the girl in hand & let him land on a hard surface. he's now in at least 2 mooshed up pieces. i don't know what i'll do if he flys again!

and p.s. heather punished me - she's still down the block talking to friends. who's punishing who - her abandoning me with the baby or me traumatizing her baby! ha!

6 comments:

Miss Jones said...

I had to make the walk worth it. The mosquitos are bad here, they say the "tropical storm" pushes them our way, lucky us. Hope is now safe in my arms! No more abuse from her Auntie.

Heather said...

That was Heather BTW last comment.

Mom said...

I like it when Hope grabs her mom's ear and sticks her own thumb in her mouth. She has a routine.
Glad you were able to blast that misquito. Sounds like he could have done some damage to a little one.

Shelley said...

So cute, grabbing mommas ear? hah! No wonder she's so cute in all her pictures... she seems cuter in real life!

As for the zombie mosquitoes... that's the last thing we need. :|

Jori said...

Oooh I love that she sucks her thumb and grabs your ear! That is so cute! Love that she did scrunchie face when she got a whiff of the burpie. Blew her hair back hehe You are heelarious!

Jan said...

Dang mosquito! I hate those things -- I really do. Good for you for stomping him to bits!