9.21.2007

a milestone with hopey

tonight, the night before i leave to go home - hopey willingly left her momma's arms & came to mine. some would say she even "dove" into my arms. she knew what she was doing, she wasn't sniffing crack - she knew that her momma was holding her & she smiled and reached for me. it was a miracle. it made my day, for sure! (sorry lunchin' girls :) )

that poor girl has been dragged around all week, we've been messing with her schedule. i must say - she's been mighty agreeable! so cute. i have been slightly trying to win her over. i think i might've finally done it. too bad i'm leaving now!

7 comments:

tara said...

small victory for aunt Hayley:)
She really is a cute little thing.

100 Percent Cottam said...

awwww. that has to make you feel good. she's such a sweetie.

Mom said...

I'm not surprised. Given enough time you could win any kid over especially your nieces and nephews.
Cute picture.

Kristi said...

I love that she did that for you--she loves her some Hayley. And I love that scrunchy nose of hers!

Jori said...

That girl is so blasted cute, I want to reach through the screen and grab her. So glad she came to you. Isn't that the BEST feeling?

Jan said...

Ah, I love it. Hope is beautiful, and what a gift to have her reach for you. (I'm not surprised!)What a sweetie!

Heather said...

She loves her Auntie Hayley no question there. We will all be missing Hay-ley today. Bummer, I hate it when you leave.