9.04.2007

"look at this, teach"

I have a little girl in my class who cracks me up. She's not short on self esteem. She does think that she is the best at any and everything in the world. She is darling. She is smart. She is creative. And she'll tell you. And her friends. She'll also let anyone else know that their work isn't as good as hers, or what I've asked for, if they're struggling. Sometimes, this confidence gets in her way. Like I have told her a few times, in private situations that she needs to keep her opinions to herself. (She definitely has made a few of her friends cry...) That she doesn't need to tell everyone in the world how wonderful she is, even if we know its true. She calls me "Teach" & it cracks me up. Like "Teacher" or "Miss Jones" is too much , it would waste her time. Oh dear... You've gotta love first born daughters in the world - their personality is nothing if not sure!

10 comments:

Jan said...

She sounds like a real smartie! You'll be good for her -- you can see how bright she is but you will be able to guide her so that she doesn't alienate everyone else.

100 Percent Cottam said...

hilarious! i'm afraid maya will be that boastful girl. i need to work on her. this girl is lucky to have such a great teach to teach her how to be awesome and humble at the same time.

Mom said...

She reminds me of other girls I know. She sounds fun.

Shelley said...

My niece Brianna sounds a LOT like this girl. She's cute (hey, related to me, that's a given), WICKED smart (again, must be the genes), but I don't think she's rude or smart-alicky (how the heck do you spell that one?) I hope she's confident *enough* sometimes. This gal should learn a bit more respect maybe... But she sounds cute, and good for a chuckle at least. :)

Jori said...

Oh my goodness. That cracks me up! I love that she call's you teach.

Emily said...

Hey teach. I think Jessi is going to end up like this. She sounds cute, and probably a little bit of a handful.

tara said...

yah, this girl sounds like she'll drive you nuts, but you'll love her at the same time. If you could teach her how to not alienate her friends with her "wonderfull-ness" it would be great.

Holly O'Keefe said...

She sounds like a charmer. And I'm not being sarcastic.

Kristi said...

That's hilarious--I like a little spunk, for sure. At least she doesn't have a low self-esteem!

Heather said...

Oh my! She sounds like a handful, a good handful but a handful none the less.