9.01.2007

friday night with my sis

so heidi and i hit the town tonight. i'm pretty sure the dillards people thought she was drunk. she was out of control silly! (a night away from the kids really gets to her head) she was flailing around like a mad woman. drooling at times, too. she was pushing service buttons from the dressing rooms. she was barking at random people in the mall. i was a little embarrassed to be honest.

we dined at costa vida for dinner. costa vida's not half the man of cafe rio, but it was close & convenient & on a Friday night, no line (clearly cause they're a fraction of the deliciouso - ness) their tortilla's are rubbery. doughy. not so good. (i mean, mind you i still ate my whole entire salad & tortilla, but with disgust!) and their creamy tomatillo dressing, way too ranchy and not enough tomatillo-e. and there wasn't enough meat or salad. even when i'm famished, i can't eat the whole cafe rio salad. tonight, i liked my little disposable pie tin clean!

ok. i'm not going to lie anymore. heidi wasn't the mad woman. it was probably more me. the only truth from the first paragraph is that a dressing room service button was pushed. but she didn't push it. and people probably assumed i was drunk. but i did manage to keep my drool to myself, which is a very common problem for me. one time i drooled on a boy's arm. for no good reason, other than it happened before I could control it. classy! (do you wonder why i'm single?!?) but the sales lady at dillards, she introduced herself as nancy. i said, "nancy, this is heidi" heidi, in all honesty, was probably the embarrassed one!

12 comments:

Jori said...

That is so funny! You girls are hilarious. I wish I had a sister to go be silly with. Sorry about your salad. We ate at cafe rio last night and I scarfed the whole thing. man I am a piggy.

Kristi said...

That's awesome you and your sister got to hang out! She sounds like a fun girl--when is she going to start blogging? :) Oh man, so you at at Cafe Rio's evil stepsister's? I would have consumed the whole thing, too--even imitation is better than nothing...

Holly O'Keefe said...

No Cafe Rio for me for a while. That is, of course, all I can think about now.

tara said...

holly...you are one selfless momma.

hayley...drooling on unsuspecting boys? Honestly. I just snorted a little bit. That is so funny. I always knew you were a bit "special" :)

Shelley said...

Funny. I was rather shocked reading the first paragraph. Especially since you said YOU were embarrassed. That's not normal. Then I read the truth. :) Glad you had a fun gal's night out! Sounds well-deserved for Heidi!

Miss Jones said...

no, you're right shelley - i don't get embarrassed easily. and tara, he knew i was a drooler. my intimate circle of friends know that about me. it happens randomly, especially if i'm talking alot. do you think i'v ever drooled in school, all down my front as i've read a book to students? i have!

Jan said...

I"m a drooler and a slobbery kind of person myself. Yesterday Maya was trying to teach me how to do night-night and I'm embarrassed to admit that I catch on fast. Sigh.

Heather said...

Sounds like you had some good times tonight! Were you cruise clothes shopping? All manner of leisure attire?? You girls are crazy. I knew you were fibbing from the get-go, that had Hayley written all over it. *oh Nancy* where are you?

Mom said...

You didn't fool me either. I knew who the culprit really was, too.
Glad you had fun. You made me hungry for Cafe Rio and I had it 3 times last month. Yes, today is Sept.

Emily said...

That is so funny. I ove you trying to pass off weird behavior on to your sister. Glad you had fun!

100 Percent Cottam said...

once again, jealousy! i want a sister. too late for that. sounds like a fun night. barking, drooling...it's all up my alley.

Shelley said...

Natalie, if you give her the chance she'll bark at and drool on you! You sure you still wanna meet her? ;)