8.07.2007

word of the day - chuckle

so i meant to post about this a while ago, but i just decided to do it now - my kids are quietly working on their spelling words, that should keep them occupied for 10 to 15 minutes.

on my blog, i usually update my "word of the day" from the Merriam Webster website. its linked. all you have to do if you want to find what the words mean, is click on it.

a couple of weeks ago, my mom and i were talking on the phone, my dad was with her. they were talking about the blogs. my mom says, "your dad wants to know where you come up with these words!" i burst out laughing, at the thought of actually being intelligent enough to have that expansive a vocabulary. my reply was, "well, i am a teacher!" he didn't buy that as my excuse, he said "yeah, second grade!' (so apparently I'm not the only one out there that doesn't think being a second grade teacher requires intelligence!)

i love my parents. they're naive, they're playful, they're able to laugh at themselves. and me.

11 comments:

Mel said...

hehe. thats funny.

Holly O'Keefe said...

crazies.

Emily said...

I love it, that is funny!

Dad said...

Are you laughing AT us or WITH us? And I didn't say didn't need to be smart to teach second grade, but you have to admit the vocabulary words did not come outof the second grade speller.

Jori said...

Heehee, your dad has my kind of sense of humor. Thanks for trying to improve our vocabs.

Chris * Natalie * Maya * Mason said...

that's cute. i love your word of the day. i always learn something here, when i'm not busy peeing myself with laughter! :)

Jan said...

Your dad sounds awesome. I'm still laughing at the comment - -and at his comment above!

Holly O'Keefe said...

Dad, she's laughing at you. She always is. I am laughing with you because I am an angel.

Miss Jones said...

dad, at least i'm honest enough to admit its both. she's no angel, she's really the devil in disguise!

Kristi said...

That's awesome they thought you just came up with those words. How funny.

tara said...

ya...you totally could have taken credit and I would have believed you. Teachers are brainiacs :)