8.06.2007

weekend update

So sorry that I was gone all weekend, I had a rockin' busy old time. Let me start with Friday night. We wanted to have a Bourne marathon, so we were all refreshed to go see the ultimatum by Saturday night. "All" of us turned out to be a small little group, in the end. Me, Meeja, Greg & Craig. Not "my" Craig, but another guy from that little group - don't get them confused. We went to dinner at the Pie. Mhmmmm... Then we went Paradise Bakery, because Meeja had gone on and on about their delicious cookies. She's like a food extraordinaire! So, we're in line trying to decide what to order and there was a lady in front of us. Meeja got super excited and when she overheard this lady in front of us asking questions, she jumped right in. In her face & very passionately, started sharing her opinions. Well, that had the rest of us laughing, and at one point, Craig put his hand on her shoulder, to kinda let her know she was a bit much & she shoved his hand off with such force... Oh my goodness. I couldn't even bark laugh, it was the silent bark. I was doubled over laughing, trying not to wet myself. Tears people... Craig & Greg were dying too. Meeja later said "are you going to blog about that?" I assured her that would make it in the weekend recap. Moving on... We watched the first movie, Craig bailed. The three of us started the second movie, then got started talking again... so we eventually stopped it. Sat there talking until late into the night, again. Like after 2 in the morning.

Saturday night, we went to a late movie of the Bourne Ultimatum. So awesome. Just go see it. It ended up just being Meeja, Greg & me. Then we sat in the parking lot, talking until late. We finally left but Greg ended up picking up tacos and met me at Meeja's parking lot and shared. Greg and I sat in the car talking for another hour or so... It was late people. I sorta got diarrhea of the mouth & let him know that he is the kinda guy I'd like to date. I hope I didn't scare/intimidate him, but he sent me a nice text last night, so I'm thinking I didn't scare him too bad. We finally parted ways a little after 4:00 am. I had to drive home. I didn't turn my light off until ten minutes before 5am! So I slept a lot yesterday. then I slept some more. Holy canolis! (well worth it though :)

I just wish you could've seen Meeja's hand shoving & you best be going to see the 3rd Bourne movie!

11 comments:

Kristin said...

Can't wait to see that movie. I think we're going this weekend. Is Greg the guy from a few posts ago? Can't wait to hear more about him!!

Holly O'Keefe said...

Oh to be single and young again. I would be flipping out if I was up past 11.

Miss Jones said...

ha. young. you should've seen the chopped liver that was me yesterday. either on my couch, watching tv (barely) or in my bed, napping or reading. it wasn't a pretty sight.

Mel said...

i'll have to go see that movie. there's a bunch i want to see now. glad you had a good weekend. thats crazy about staying up so late. haha

Emily said...

I want to see the movie! Glad you had a good weekend! I don't think I remember the days when I was awake past 9:30 PM. How'd ya do it?

PS Spence and I started dating after a 3 person outing. We (just the 2 of us) ended up in his truck talking for hours!

Kristi said...

WEE-woo, Hayley. You are quite the party-girl. Your friend Meeja sounds sassy and I like it. Now that you mention it, I really want to see the Ultimatum :)

Kristi said...

...and Matt Damon's can...

Jori said...

I love The Pie! Yummy. Your friend Meeja sounds great! I would love to have seen the hand slap. That's great you are out there having fun. I would get a fun group and people kept getting married. I would spend weekends mowing down pizza and watching anne of green gables...not too sad!

Chris * Natalie * Maya * Mason said...

yee haw with the greg til 4am! yeah, girl. hey, i think being straightforward is the only way to go. beating around the bush has never been for me. if you want to date him, date him! ask him out. pursue him. why not?

tara said...

man. we tried to see hot litte Mattie on Sat. night but it was sold out. Your friend sounds like a hoot, and so does your "silent bark" . That's so funny.
check you out hayley...workin' it for Greg...you know what they say when a guy shares his taco? well, actually, I don't but it's got to be good. :)

Naomi said...

I love jumping in other people's conversations. As if they care how I feel about whatever they're talking about. It's one of my all time favorite things to do. Talking to strangers and reading their reactions on their face. It's as if to say....who is this chubby girl and why is she talking to us? Oh well, nevertheless, it's a good time for me.