8.30.2007

watch out for this pedestrian crossing!

Driving to work this morning, I was highly entertained by a certain someone's freedom of expression. I was on the phone with my dad when all of a sudden I burst into laughter. He wanted to know what I was laughing. I had to stop and think about it - "that sign had been altered, right?" I said to myself... just wanted to make sure my life isn't so lonely & pathetic that I'm now imagining things. I wasn't. I turned around and drove past the sign again. Sure enough, someone had given the stick figure a very generous portion of male genitalia.

*My dad told me repeatedly I'm nasty. Gee- tell me something I don't know, Dad. He just better be thankful I'm not talented with picture editing, like Natalie, else I'd be showing you what I saw!
*Sadly, I'm going to have a good day, because of that. It made my day!

UPDATE: THERE YOU GO - THERE'S YOUR PICTURE!

17 comments:

Heather said...

Oh my gosh Hayley, that's funny. I like that you pulled back around, and why didn't you take a picture???? Ohhhh!

Emily said...

Hee hee...why didn't you take a picture? That would make my day too!

Jan said...

Wish I had been there! Go back and take a picture for us! Still laughing!

Shelley said...

You're such a perv. You'd better go get a picture before they fix it.

In Toronto, we saw some "Assorted Muffins" on sale, but the sign said "Ass Muffing $1.99" my husband and I still crack up at that. I don't know what the heck a muffing is, but man they were cheap! We took a picture of it on our phone, and then went back the next day with our good camera. It still makes us laugh.

Kristi said...

You nasty girl! I love it. I also love that you drove past it again to make sure you saw right...what do you know? that story made my day, too. hee hee

Jan said...

That reminds me of the day Math and I saw a stark naked lady (true -- he will back me up!) walking in the neighborhood in Nashville. I think we did U-turns about 8x so that we could make sure we were seeing what we thought we did. And we did. She was definitely naked. Very strange.

Mom said...

I'm sure a picture will be posted.
You are having way too much fun driving to work.

Jori said...

Really, let's have a follow up photo tomorrow.

100 Percent Cottam said...

yeah, i vote for a photo. but i can get creative in photoshop if need be... :)

tara said...

go back and take the damn picture...that is an order. I can be very bossy :) just ask holly.
I love the things you choose to notice in the world around you:)

Holly O'Keefe said...

That would have been an easy fix in Photoshop, for sure. But the real thing is so much better. Now you are totally rated NC-17. Lucky girl.

Jan said...

Love the return trip and picture! Yay for you, Hayley!!

Emily said...

Hee Hee...

Kristi said...

Oh my--I laughed so hard when I saw this pic--thanks for the update...

tara said...

nice work Hayley. You are an officially cool blogger. love that picture, and YES, definately enhanced. Hee Hee

100 Percent Cottam said...

hayley, why don't you just go ahead and admit the fact that you're the one that "enhanced" that photo to begin with?! we know you were out there with your can-o-spray paint.

Shelley said...

*points and says "haha!"*