8.12.2007

toasted

yesterday, i went with heidi, porter & annie to her gym. i don't know why i listen to her and think "it'll be fun" fusion does not equal fun. i wonder if this is how my students feel sometimes when i tell them "we're going to have a fun day!" fusion equaled me getting my butt kicked. and me feeling mighty chubby. and me feeling rage at the skinny bitches who could do all the moves. i almost yelled at the instructor to back the #%*& off of me, that i was trying my best. and if my form wasn't the best, she could shove it where the sun don't shine. anyway - i survived. barely. then we go to the pool with the kids, for a total of one and a half hours. just long enough for me to get fried. not in the good kinda way, where after a day or two, it'll turn to a nice little tan. the kinda burn where my body aches, and i'm using lidocaine & taking cold baths. the kinda burn where clothes are my worst enemy. i'm so dumb.

friday night was pretty fun. we went to dinner, hit a bucket of balls, then got ice cream. i was overly ambitious. by the time we got to the next place, which was brad's parents house to continue our evening o'fun playing games out on the deck and watching movies, my tummy was a'rumblin'. greg and i (and craig, my craig to be exact) go down to watch a movie in the basement. my stomach was killing me. i kept thinking "i hope greg can't hear my stomach." cause i could see it churning. i was so thankful craig came down with us, so greg didn't try to put the moves on. i finally had to give in, excuse myself and make friends with the toilet. as humiliating as it was, i didn't care. it brought relief. our movie finally ended & i was ready to head home. we'd all met up at meeja's house. as soon as we got there, i was climbing into my car. at that point i didn't even want to say goodnight alone with greg. my stomach was killing. got home and finally had my own personal "dumb and dumber" moment.

so all in all, this weekend, not my favorite!

9 comments:

Jori said...

ouchie! I hate sunburns. Too bad your tummy kept you from gettin' a little. Whenever I have to go #2 at somebody's house. dumb and dumber always goes through my mind. Seriously if the toilet is broken...yikes! hope you feel better.

Shelley said...

dumb and dumber moments are not good if Hayley is involved. j/k ;) But seriously, you should carry tums in your purse woman. They've saved me on more than a few times. Best thing about this past weekend is that its OVER.

Miss Jones said...

i don't know that tums would do much for me. its an allergic reaction. and, the boys didn't know what was happening (i asked craig later)

Kristi said...

Hayley--that freakin sucks, girl. Good thing boys don't notice things. Oh man, I hope your week goes better than your weekend!

tara said...

holy cow...have you tried lactaid or anything similar? Date gut rot is the worst. Hope your week is better !

Kristin said...

Happy Monday to you!! HOw is that burn doing? It looks like this coming weekend can do nothing but be great!

Heather said...

I'm not sure what amused me more...picturing you getting all annoyed in the Fusion class or trying to weasel your way out of a little somethin because your stomach was a rumblin. The sunburn just sounds miserable, I won't laugh at you for that. Glad you survived the *Fusion* class without hurting anybody.

Chris * Natalie * Maya * Mason said...

oooh, that is hilarious!!! i remember when chris and i were dating i had to take a dump at his house and hello there, it wouldn't flush. i was in there for ever flushing and flushing. it sucked.

Emily said...

Oh, man that sucks. It's a sad day when you end up saying thank goodness it's monday!