8.22.2007

things got better

this afternoon we had p.e. (every other week we have a p.e. teacher, today was my day with her... so that was great for me!) then we had a quick assembly about the fund raiser & reflections contest. (which meant i got a good half hour break) then i sent those kiddies out the door right at 3:25. and my friend came and visited with me. we had a good laugh. we're both single, so we planned some trips around the world in the next few years. traveling is part of my blood, you see. she was telling me about this kid in her class who always comes and asks to pee, all exasperated like. like when he asks if he can go, he's all gaspy. so dramatic. and so i said, "did you tell him to pinch it?" and she was in the middle of her sentence before it clicked & she burst out laughing... it was funny. even 4 seconds later. after visiting with her, i started feeling like "put this bad mood behind you!" so i went to go find my momma. cause my momma's a sweet woman & one shouldn't be grumpy at her ever (although, i'll admit, often i have been... not so much lately. i've developed a new found affection for that woman since last year. dreaded last year. someday i'll get over it) i was going to beat "the crew" back to my sister's house, so i stopped and got me a hot fudge brownie shake @ arctic circle. except i pulled into the taco time drive thru, which was right next store. so when the person asked me what i wanted & i actually looked at the menu, i said back, "blasted... i'm at the wrong friggen place!" threw my car into reverse (yes, i checked to make sure no one was going to get run over) and went next door to the arctic circle. well - who could be testy after a hot fudge brownie shake? not me. not even when it made me sick. (milk allergy. what a curse!) went over to my sister's house. hugged annie first (she tackled me...) then my muz. ahhh - good times. i get one more night of her.

9 comments:

Mel said...

Haha. I laughed at the taco bell part. Great times. Who are you going traveling with? I wanna come!! :)

Kristin said...

So glad your day got better!!

Jori said...

why oh why don't they have arctic circle in Vegas?? I love them! Guess I will have to make a trek to st. george and visit cutie pie holly. we can go for shakes.:)

Kristi said...

Hee hee..."pinch it" gives me a good laugh. I'm glad your day got better, and right on with the shake--ice cream drinks always make my day better. Have fun with your Mom!!

tara said...

ha ha! You acually BACKED OUT of the drive through...I'm lovin' that. I think a bit of "arctic" sounds fantastic about now...
glad you are chillin with your mom. enjoy it!

Heather said...

Nothing like a treat to help ease the pissy mood. Darn it, I shared my mint brownies with Ms. Belinda the piano teacher, dang!

Holly O'Keefe said...

I could do an Arctic run. Yummy. Jori, get your butt up here!!! Tara's a skinny little thing, but we can talk her into a shake too, I'm sure.

Jori said...

I forgot Tara lives there too. duh I guess I think you girls all just live in the computer.

Chris * Natalie * Maya * Mason said...

love your story, that's hilarious. and i'll have one of those shakey shakes, too, please. glad you shook the bad mood and that you got some quality time with ned.