8.29.2007

phantom skeeter

so... this morning in the shower, as I was shaving, I discovered that there must've been a phantom skeeter in my room last night. Or else I got it at the soccer game, but I usually catch on quick. I shaved off the top of a bite right smack dab on my shin. It hurt like the dickens. And, I don't just get a little mosquito bite, I get a welt. I must have an above average reaction to mosquitoes cause bites are intense on my body. Then, being the genius that I am, I wear these longish capris today. Which fall right about where the bite is. Lovely, so on top of my poor sleep last night, due to anxiety about being the world's meanest teacher, I now have this lovely reminder to how sucky this week is. I'm so glad that its a 3 day weekend.

8 comments:

Jori said...

ew-skeeter bites are the worst! I am itchy just thinking about it. I hope you are feeling better today. Hooray for 3 day weekend. I am going to make my creamy poppyseed salad.(it's in nat's summer cookbook) yumyum!

Mom said...

I picked up some nasty bites in Texas I think at Hunter's football game. They are much better today.
Sorry to hear you shaved it off. Now there is another good reason for not shaving....

Heather said...

I'm going to go look up the creamy poppy seed salad Jori,yum. I do hate the mosquitoes! I'm not sure what it is or what I have/have not been eating...but they haven't gotten me AS bad this year. Hope has a few though...maybe they just go for her-she IS sweeter than me :)

tara said...

I hate when they get you without getting caught. It leaves me feeling violated...and itchy. bast****s.

Holly O'Keefe said...

Tara thinks bastards is a bad word. haha. I saw that one without guilt.

Chris * Natalie * Maya * Mason said...

i hate skeeters, too. well, don't we all. our yard is hoppin' with them, it sucks. um, doesn't tara know that if it doesn't start with an "f" you don't have to ** it? :)

tara said...

oh man. I just love you girls. you are all a bunch of nasty cursing sailors, like myself:)

Kristi said...

hee hee. Mosquitoes are no fun, but these comments are :) Sorry about the annoying reminder--and no stressing about what kind fo teacher you are!! You are a good one. The end.