8.02.2007

last night's luau & this weekend's fun

So last night, my friend Meeja and I went to a luau with her singles group of people. The food wast catered & actually quite delicious! I brought the mouth watering caramel dip that I love & some apples. (funny story about that bit later) It was so funny, cause there were a whole stake + friends group of people there. (youngens & oldens - i am definitely part of the oldens group!) we sat on opposite sides of the lawn. two very exclusive groups. we sat and made fun of the way they dress & their spikey, dyed hair. i'm sure they sat and made fun of our large bellies and receding hair lines. well, a small little group of us ditched to go get some ice cream (or frozen custard from Nielsen's for those of you familiar with that heavenly place) and sat there and talked for a long while. i'm not getting my hopes up or any fancy ideas, but when I went boating last month there was a guy that I thought fun. handsome. the kind of guy that I'd be willing to give a change. We sat and talked last night for a grand total of about three hours. At the ice cream place, just the two of us, then we went to drop him off & it was me, Meeja & him. Plus, we're hanging out Friday night & Saturday-ish. (Friday, golfing. Saturday, Bourne Marathon!) I am almost positive he's interested in Meeja (who can blame him, she's beautiful!) so, I'm not getting my hopes up, but its kinda fun to know that there are people out there that can give me a run for my money. People who I deem worthy to lose sleep over. People who get me excited to see again. If he's not interested & nothing happens from here, I think I'm going to resort to LDS singles again. Lets face it, its the only place I'll be meeting people. I'm not giving up on the singles ward (yet) but I'll not be staying past the year if I haven't started loving it.

8 comments:

Mel said...

do you have the recipe for that caramel dip? its making my mouth water. yummy! glad you had fun last night. sounds like a fun weekend coming up as well.

Heather said...

I'm glad you had a fun weekend. I have never seen Meeja, but i have seen you and you are beautiful as well, so don't sell yourself short there Missy.

Holly O'Keefe said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Holly O'Keefe said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Miss Jones said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chris * Natalie * Maya * Mason said...

ooh, that is so exciting! i totally have my fingers crossed for that one. keep us posted on how the weekend goes, girly girl! :)

Kristi said...

Well, I think you're hot & freakin funny, and I have excellent taste, so that's that! Have fun this weekend!!

Emily said...

Hayley if you can have fun that's what matters right now! Plus at least you know that there are good looking men out there that are single and not gay, very promising! Good Luck w/ the singles ward. I always found them akward(sp?). I have to agree with the sisters don't sell yourself short.