8.16.2007

i like my dad

so on my way to work this morning, i called my dad. i can feel myself going into panic mode about him going to kuwait next week. i don't love when he goes there. i don't sleep well while he's there. i overeat. (wait, that's everyday. quite blaming kuwait, hayley!) ok. so i call my dad cause i think "this will be one of your last chances for a while!" he answers his phone, pauses & proceeds to act like his own answering machine! he kinda had me going for a minute, too... til he said something about a hamburger & then I shouted, "you idiot!" then he starts laughing and tells me about how this weekend Hunter (adorable kid that he is) had my dad convinced he got a cell phone. told specific details, like a phone number, a rate plan. Hunter's very witty, mind you. I love him. He's a good, funny, smart kid. I can't wait to go spend some time with him again, soon. Anyway - so my parents are going to Rome together this weekend, then Nedra'll fly back to the states, in fact the one i'm in right this very minute, while my dad goes to Kuwait. He tells me also this morning that my mom's secretly planning on going with him. That she's even got camel rides booked already. I seriously have a father full of shit, people. I asked him if he took anything this morning that would make him this "funny guy"ish. He said, "no, i just ate my cheerios." oh brother.

just try to imagine my parents doing this next week:

11 comments:

Shelley said...

I blame the Cheerios. :)

Jori said...

Oh boy! your parents are funny! I love the camel ride idea bit.

Mel said...

i love it! daddy's are the best. sounds like you've got a great one. tell him to enjoy that camel ride. hehe

Mom said...

Me on a camel.. I don't think so.
Sounds like we should all keep Cheerios in the house.

Heather said...

I like Dad too. Yeah, Mom on a camel..not so much :)

Emily said...

So funny your dad would be a riot to have as a grandpa!

Chris * Natalie * Maya * Mason said...

your dad freakin' kills me. tell he and your mama to enjoy their camel ride! :)

Dad said...

What a cool dad!

Jan said...

You've got a dad like mine - -and that's a gift! Love it.

tara said...

seriously. do you need a 5th sister? I'd love to be Jones girl if comes with parents that such a hoot.

Kristi said...

I know I've never met your Dad, but I adore him...man, I love a jokester like that--Way to go Dad! I hope your Dad is safe in Kuwait!