8.09.2007

history of "hottie"

So I don't want everyone thinking that I have taught my neice to call me Hottie as a self esteem booster. I used to spell it "hah-dee" the root of this name is from before Annie could say Hayley. She still technically says "hay-wee" but what the heck. Well, all of a sudden almost 2 summers ago now, (holy crap, she's getting big!!!) she self corrected my name. I heard her say it & started to cry a bit. I didn't hear it again for a while. When she started doing it more regularly, I sat her down and had a talk with her. She just simple isn't allowed to call me anything but Hottie. And I call her Punky. Its just the way it is.

Now, when I'm not around, and she's talking about me, she perfectly switches over & calls me my rightful name. But when I'm around, its hottie. Heidi says its amazing how she can use the two so distinctly. Every once in a while, she'll get a bug up her butt & think she can get away with it, but I just ignore her until she submits. :) Nice auntie...

10 comments:

Kristi said...

Aww, Haw-dee, you have one sweet niece. I love that she knows to call you that to your face. That's the kind of nickname you want to have, by the way :)

Mom said...

No doubt about it Annie loves her Hottie. Hayley is so cute with all of her nieces and nephews. She is the best aunt I have ever seen.

Holly O'Keefe said...

Annie is such a sweetie! I haven't seen those kiddies for a long time, since the beginning of May!!

Miss Jones said...

p.s. this picture of me makes me look retarded... scroll to the bottom of my blog for a much cuter picture of both of us!

Jori said...

I love that you ignore her until she submits. heehee. You are a hottie, and must be addressed as such.

Shelley said...

Cute pic, you're not retarded-looking at all in it. :) Just an auntie hottie who loves her little neicey.

Jan said...

I love 'hottie' -- what a sweetie!

Chris * Natalie * Maya * Mason said...

that is so cute. maya calls my brother "monkey" because she couldn't say "uncle matty" when she was younger. somehow it became monkey, and stuck. fun, fun.

Heather said...

You are in Houston in that picture on the ferry. Oh yeah!

Emily said...

I love it! YOU should be called hottie cause you are one. Your niece is a smarty!