8.29.2007

hexes and curses

so a certain half brazilian friend of mine, who doesn't want to be properly identified (although i've mentioned her recently quiet a lot on my blog) came to my room this afternoon & got me laughing so hard, i almost wet my pants. i can't even remember what we were talking about when i said "you should hex her... do you ever hex people?" it was pretty random. it really had nothing to do with what she was saying - which i just remembered - she'd been invited to dinner with some girls in her ward, for a birthday celebration for a girl she doesn't like...and she responded with, "oh yeah, i hex people all the time. this one time, i cursed a girl i didn't like to have all daughters born with camel toes." insert bark laughing on my part. and then she laughed & admitted that she didn't know what camel toes were at that point. you see, this friend spent a fundamental portion of her childhood in Brazil, so she's ESL, and sometimes doesn't know/understand all of the English little terms. (one of my favorite things about that rat bastard i used to date, was his way of learning/not knowing little sayings, too) and then she told me how one time she said that curse to a girlfriend & the friend was kinda shocked & and it explained it to her & then my friend felt sorta stupid & cruel. oh, i was in tears people... you don't want to cross her, or she'll curse your daughters to have permi-camel toe.

8 comments:

Jori said...

hehe that is funny. Several years ago I was helping this lady learn English. During the middle of our lesson she said "what mean come on over,come on over baby."(it's when that christina aguilera song came out) that was lovely to try and explain especially since she only knew a few words in english. ew-permi camel toe, that really would be a curse.

Kristi said...

Ok, that is freakin Hah-larious! Permanent camel toe? Talk about a curse...that still has me cracking up. You and your crazy camel toe stories :) That phrase is now added to my list of words I dislike, by the way ;)

Shelley said...

Too funny. I bet, for a fee, she'd teach you all the curses and hexes she knows... :) You'd have so much fun with that!

Heather said...

Im sure that was a fun one to explain. Im amused you say she "doesn't want to be prpoperly identified". haha

Emily said...

So funny...stay on her good side you wouldn't want daughters with camel toe..hee hee!

100 Percent Cottam said...

yikes, yeah. i can't really think of anything worse to be cursed with. best to say on her good side.

tara said...

freak. How much am I LOVIN' your friend. That is SOOO stinkin' funny. I need to go hunt me down an ESL friend I can torment...

Holly O'Keefe said...

Did you demonstrate what camel toe is?