8.11.2007

HELLO... to stinky pete!


I just wanted to welcome my ol' friend Brie to the blogging world. I knew Brie in Hawaii, she was an education major. One of my favorite people from Hawaii. Many a classes were survived on my part, due to Brie. I affectionately call her "Stinky Pete" - don't ask me why. She's neither stinky or a pete. but she's a tough gal & can handle it.
Actually - one of my favorite memories of Brie was my very first day in my education major classes (my first semester there, times being hawaiian, my transcript hadn't gotten there fast enough & was forced to take generals. grrr... it was sorta a wasted semester for me... more beach time though) anyways... so back to brie & the first day of class my second semester there. we had a class in the education building, which is at the very far end of campus. during class, the teacher made us wear a sticker like the one i've got here showing... so dorky hayley has a "hello... my name is hayley" sticker on her shirt. class finishes... i leave & huff it over to our next class, which is p.e. - obviously in the gym, all the way across campus. as i'm walking in to the building, i see brie, and she greets me with a big ol "hey, hayley!" i think for a second, "how the hell does she know my name?" then, (cause i'm not the world's dumbest person & seeing as how I can piece two and two together...) because she's got a big, cheesy grin on her face, and pointing at my name tag, I realize its still on. good hell. i rip that thing off & luckily, brie's a way nicer person than me, instead of mocking me terribly & picking on me for the rest of our college career, as i would've done, she befriended me.

9 comments:

Brie said...

have I told you lately that I love you? That there is no one else above you...:) man, i miss you...we were so funny together...why did we ever break up? ANywho, you'll have to teach me about this blogging crap and how to "add" you to mine...I've never been as computer savvy as you...do you remember when you helped me set up my hotmail account...and with the password...hahah..anywho, loves to you.

Dad said...

Too bad Brie's not a guy!

Shelley said...

LoL good times. The education building to the GYM? Could you BE any farther apart? Did you make that hike in 10 minutes? They must have hated you or something! Holy moly.

Also a big Aloha and welcome to Brie. :)

Miss Jones said...

thanks dad! geez!

Mel said...

Brie sounds like a fun friend. i love that you call her stinky pete. hehe!

Holly O'Keefe said...

DAD!! He was making the blog circuits today.

Jori said...

I love that your dad said "too bad brie's not a guy." oh my I am dying.

tara said...

oh man...how much am I loving your dad about right now...wow. Great stuff :)

welcome Brie!

Kristi said...

Good one Dad!! How funny. :) Welcome Brie!!!