8.13.2007

fantastic phone calls...

there's not much more i love in this world, than getting a phone call from an ol' friend. one i haven't talked to in a long time, but every time we do talk, it seems like yesterday. tonight, as i was wandering around the sam's club looking for snorkeling gear for my cruise (less than a month people!) my phone rings. its a number i don't recognize. now, typically, i don't answer unknown numbers. leave a message. if i deem you worthy, i'll return your call.

side note - last week sometime i realized while scrolling through my phone that megan's number wasn't in there. i'd made a mental note to email, but obviously had failed miserably. don't know how that bugger disappeared, but it did.

continuing - my phone rings. i answer it. it's megan! i'm delighted. we usually catch up about once a month or so... when we're both busy, we'll go a few months. but i love this girl to death. always have. in fact, i've spent a great deal of our friendship wondering why she's friends with me. she's nice. extremely good hearted. one of the kindest people i know. back in college she was shy. like almost painfully (for me) shy. she's really come out of her shell in the last few years. but she's still darling. so she calls me tonight & tells me right off the bat that she reads my blog almost everyday. i say: comment! do it megan! so i don't have to start telling secrets!!! so she tells me what's going on in her life. now, i'm sworn to secrecy on some details, but i'm allowed to say that there is a man in her life. a tall one, too. megan's short. i still love her, though. i'm excited for her. romance seems so infrequent these days. yay megan! (but keep in mind, if i ever have to wait over a month to hear those kind of details again - i'm posting every last detail!!!)

(i have many short friends. i remind them of that on a frequent basis. megan, shawn, kristin. who else... i'm sure i'm forgetting someone!) yay short people~ and yay again to old friends!

I REALLY wish i had a scanner right now, cause i'd scan in a bunch of fun rick's college pictures of megan and i!

8 comments:

Jori said...

I love catching up with friends! In fact reminds me there are a few I need to call.

Holly O'Keefe said...

You keep in such good touch with your friends, Hayley. Seriously, I am so impressed.

Kristin said...

The short comments don't phase me right now...being in the Elgin building the last few weeks have really reminded me of being told just how short I was back in the day! :)

tara said...

It's easy to let old friendships slip away so GOOD ON YA for keeping them going. You make me want to try harder in that department.

Jan said...

How fun to hear from someone like that -- what a fun uplift for your day!

Heather said...

You do a a great job keeping in touch.

Kristi said...

How awesome you got to chat with an old friend. That's funny you told her you would post her secrest if she doesn't comment--good one!

Megan said...

Thanks for keeping my secrets! And thank you for the really kind things you said. I am so glad I called!