8.17.2007

embarressing moment

on Friday mornings, we do tests. spelling test. comprehension test. vocabulary test. math tests. it takes us a while to get through... like we usually have to finish after recess. well, today we finished up & were getting all cleaned up to move on. i was walking around collecting the last few papers... i didn't realize that my friend sue had walked into my room & all of a sudden belted out "we're done testing - yay, we're done testing!" but i sang it. in a deep manly, scratchy, very tone deaf voice. cause i don't have a lovely voice. she said "oh, we're singing today!" i almost died. i don't sing for adults, but i do sing around my kids all the time. make up songs. belt them out. i dance too, but i'm not quite as bad at that. my kids always giggle cause i think they realize that they have the worlds biggest geek, as a teacher.

8 comments:

Jori said...

You are SO fun! Can I please come take your class? I bet it's fun to be a teacher. I know sometimes the kids probably drive you crazy, but you are so important to them. They probably can't wait to see what you will do next.

Heather said...

Yeah so you are a geek, what else is new?? Just jokin Hayley. I bet you are the greatest! I'm sure Sue enjoyed your solo!

Mom said...

I want you to demo the dancing for me this week. Hey, Ellen has made this her trademark. Why not you...

Jan said...

Those kids are lucky to have you -- it's fun to have a teacher who doesn't mind being silly. I think it's great! Dance, sing, whatever!

Mel said...

haha! i always do silly goofy stuff around my kids. i'd die if adults saw or HEARD what i do. :) fun stuff

Emily said...

Oh how cute are you? I would have loved a teacher like you. I was scared to death of my 1st and 2nd grade teachers.

Chris * Natalie * Maya * Mason said...

you are the CUTEST! i hope my kiddos have a teacher half as fun as you are. but i do always love it when i get caught in my geeky moments. oh well - life! :)

Shelley said...

It reminds me of that Mark Twain quote:
"Dance like nobody's watching; love like you've never been hurt. Sing like nobody's listening; live like it's heaven on earth."

You gotta just sing and dance like a crazy lady sometimes! :)