8.23.2007

crampity crampin' charley horse

oh my goodness... i don't think i've ever had one of these bad boys before. i got a sudden shooting pain in my calf in the night. it went along with a bad dream i was having. but this morning when i tried to get out of bed, i about cried. pain pain pain! i had a hard time in the shower. i'm still gimping around. this in my punishment for being yucky yesterday - i'm sure. (i totally believe in karma~)

what do i do, besides taking heavy doses of ibuprofen, to get rid of it???

10 comments:

Shelley said...

Rub the charlie horse. I had one once it shot me RIGHT up out of bed. Maybe a hot bath too. Icy Hot if you can stand to rub that on. And like 3 ibuprofins at a time, maybe 4 (800mg is the prescription dosage).

Heather said...

are you getting enough potassium? What did you do different? Are you hitting that fusion class again Hayley???

tara said...

eat a banana...I'm with Heather...POTASSIUM. stretch it out if you can too. that helps.
what the heck were you dreaming about anyway? :)

Kristin said...

I've heard bananas do the trick. I had ones when I was pregnant that I would wake up screaming like someone was getting me. Not fun!!

Holly O'Keefe said...

I have no idea.

Mel said...

I say you try and stretch it out. Ouchie! I get those sometimes. Very painful, I have great sympathy for you.

Jori said...

I was going to say banana too. Sorry those suckers hurt bad!

Emily said...

Rubbing Alchol. Not the drinking kind! ;) It's suppose to give instant relief. Then try a nice hot tub after it dries and stretch it out! I've heard that it's a lack of calcium and potassium! Good luck charly horses suck!

Kristi said...

Dude, I got nothing, but I hope it didn't last long--yuck! get well soon :)

Chris * Natalie * Maya * Mason said...

eating bananas. one a day. when i was preggers i'd get them so bad, they'd wake me out of a sound sleep shrieking at the top of my lungs. but a banana a day keeps charlie away!