8.26.2007

becoming jane


You need to see this movie. If you're any kind of a fan of Jane Austen & her books. It was so interesting to see her life story & how it influenced her writing. I loved the line where she said of her writing, "My characters shall have, after a little trouble, all that they desire." It made me smile, it really makes me want to go read some of my ol' favorites again.

I went to see it yesterday with Meeja. Before our singles activity. I'll blog about that later. I'm still recovering. It was painful. This movie was definitely the highlight of my day! I even enjoyed crying a bit.

I had a slightly hard time getting over the fact that Tom Lefroy (James McAvoy) has played the role of a fawn... but by the end of the movie, I was thinking, "who is mr. tumnus?"

11 comments:

Heather said...

He really doesn't even look the same...mr. tumnus that is. I really want to see that movie. I need to go for a girl's night this week, maybe. xoxo

Mel said...

I've been dying to see this movie!! So glad you enjoyed it.

Emily said...

I can't wait to see this movie, butI know my hubby won't go with me. So I'll have to drag my mom to go see it!

Holly O'Keefe said...

So glad you enjoyed it! The singles thing must not have been that great if this was the highlight!

Shelley said...

I'm one of those people who just doesn't quite LOVE Jane Austin. I can watch the movies... but I tried even listening to the audio book of pride & prejudice, and even my mp3 player got lost. (It mixed up the sections, screwed it all up, and I got confused.) I guess I'm just not smart enough to get it? I don't know!

Megan said...

I saw this yesterday too and really enjoyed it. I thought it was well done and let's face it, I love James McAvoy. There were some great lines in it as well.

Jori said...

Oh man! I want to see this SO bad and still haven't. A group of my friends went one night and I couldn't go. Blast!

Miss Jones said...

megan, during the movie, i actually thought to myself - i would've loved to have seen this with my little megan!

Kristi said...

Hayley, I'm glad you liked the movie--I did, too, butI'm a big Jane Austen geek. I felt the SAME wayas you about that dude--nervous this was Mr. Tumnus, but by the end, I was like, "Tom, Tom he's our man, if he can't do it, no one can!" Just Kidding. I do think he's cuter after seeing the movie, though. I'm off to read how the rest of your day was...:)

tara said...

umm yea...it's gonna take me a minute to get over the mr. tumnus thing...but after your rec. I'll give it a whirl.

Chris * Natalie * Maya * Mason said...

i liked it too. it was depressing, but i don't mind depressing. it's more realistic! :)