8.08.2007

back in the day

Unfortunately I missed hooking up for a luncheon with Shelley this weekend. I was sad about it, but the weekend was crazy, busy & it just didn't happen. This morning, I found at my door, an envelope with a note from her... and these two pictures & some quarters. man. so i sat on my steps contemplating life for a few minutes. here's a few thoughts that crossed my mind.

a) i love that i still have shelley as a friend. we've known each other for a long time! she knew me back in my wild & crazy hawaiian days. and she still likes me. the second one is krystal & me.

b) i've never liked having pictures taken of me & often make goofy faces. here's two perfect examples.

c) damn i was tan! i could never catch up with krystal, who looked dirty she was so tan!

d) not only do i look painfully young, but i also am reminded once again that my body has really lost it. i used to naturally have a fantastic body. i was skinny. it was before old age set in, and i suppose mostly inactivity. it was easy to stay skinny in hawaii, a quarter mile walk aywhere i needed to go. 'cept the beach.

e) i got excited because shelley gave me a bunch of quarters that i'm missing. for my collection, which i posted about a while ago. that rocks. thanks shelley! i'll get my quarters in tonight & post a new and improved picture ;)

9 comments:

Shelley said...

Lovely post. We were a buncha kids back then. Fun with the halloween orange spray paint. You sprayed my foot, and I somehow got it on my hand.

Anyway, I was told that Utah and Wyoming aren't out yet, so you didn't miss those two yet. ;) My dad had 2 jars FULL of them, so I didn't think he'd miss the ones you really *are* missing.

Love ya Hayls! :)

Emily said...

I love friendships like this. I have a friend that knew me durning the "wish I could forget" years that I'm still good friends with!

Jori said...

Man, I have never had a naturally fantastic body. It's been adequate at times but never fanstatic. I guess I will just have to settle for a fanstatic personality. heehee

Jan said...

Such cute pics! Love the 'old' friend thoughts -- we've lived in so many places that I don't think I have any like that. Sometimes I really want one!

Chris * Natalie * Maya * Mason said...

how fun! i love old friends, too. they keep you grounded and remind you who you were before you became what you are now. those pics are great! you're adorable.

Mom said...

I remember those days when I would come to Hawaii and you were so tan.
Wild and crazy is right. Remembeer the day we stalked some guy driving all over the island looking for his car?
Now I worry about the sun and the damage it can do to your skin.

tara said...

friends like that are the best. I love catching up with college friends. It's like no time has passed. They do have all the dirt on you though...but they make you feel 20 again.
you WERE a tan amazon beauty. lucky you.

Kristi said...

What a great friend to have around. I love that action. You were (are) a babe--look at you! I am jealous...

Shelley said...

I secretly didn't like how skinny she was. All the boys loooooooved Hayley. I think we're better friends NOW than when we actually lived together! I was a snooty snoot back then, total molly mormon too I might add. (Like when I'd close myself up in my room when everyone else was watching Cruel Intentions...) Now I realize Hayley is normal and I was retarded. :) Good times for sure. I should have soaked them up while they lasted. *sigh*