8.29.2007

are you a walker or a runner?

ok... i have a perfect example of how i'm mean. my friend ranae's class has only been on track for a week & a half & i've already become acquainted with her naughty boy. whose name just so happens to be walker. today, after lunch (our bell rang a few minutes before) we start heading down the main hallway to our 2nd grade area. walker is walking into the office, so ranae asked him what was wrong. he said, "its hot out there!" so she says, "lunch is over anyway, go line up with the group." so he turns around & walks ahead of us. sue, is the teacher that's got recess duty today, so she's the one that will be sending the kids in, but she's got a bunch of stuff in her hands & has to go to her room first, and 'member that the bell already rang. so, me being the brat that i am, what do i do? do i offer to send the kids in for her? nopey. i get in her way, to slow her down some more. and then i start saying, "run! run!" at which point, walker takes off running. we all start laughing. so ranae says, "not you, walker - you walk!" and i blurt out, "yeah! you're name's walker, not runner!" at which point we're all laughing so hard that we're practically rolling in the hallway. don't worry, before we all started laughing, he made it outside. but yes, that's a great example of why kids should be afraid of me. good thing they all are!

8 comments:

Jori said...

hehe you are funny. can I come work with you? I bet you keep everybody in stitches. You aren't mean, it sounds to me like the kid's are cry babies.

Mel said...

haha! I love it! Sounds like fun times. I'm going to call him runner now. :)

Heather said...

Funny girl!

Chris * Natalie * Maya * Mason said...

i love me some of hayley's sense of humor. hee hee.

Mom said...

Made me laugh. You are quick.

tara said...

quick is right...
I wish you were my teacher:)

Shelley said...

hah! too funny!

Kristi said...

That is hilarous! You've got a great sense of humor, girl.