8.13.2007

apparently i'm worse off than i thought

i've always known i had a big belly. can't deny that one. today, we were doing some "guess the covered words" activities. my little crappy student that is just already grating at my nerves to no end (not just cause of this... he's ornery & aggressive & everyday after recess, someone's had a problem with him not being able to keep his friggen hands to himself) so, we're doing guess the covered words. friday, i spent a great part of my planning time, personalizing our little reading passages... so i used our names. the one sentence that i used my name was: Miss Jones has a big _____. I get choices like: hair, head, desk, classroom. Then I call on my special little butthead. He says "butt" and breaks into a laugh. only, he was the only one. everyone else knew that was rude & didn't dare laugh. I excused him to put his card on my desk, told him he's rude & that it was disrespectful. LUCKILY for me, his little joke didn't go over so well... he didn't get the laughs he was looking for. but i would like to inform everyone of his mother's size. shes at least three of me, if i weight an ounce. she's a large marge lady. i don't see how in the world he gets the idea that i have a big butt. compared to his momma's, its minuscule. non existent. crappy little kid. *yes, i did laugh at it later... after it had blown over & the rest of my kids respected their teacher.

9 comments:

Jori said...

Good for your class!! That is great they didn't laugh! Backfired on that little stinker. I'm sure he doesn't really think you have a big butt, just thought he would get some chuckles out of it.

Mel said...

yay! i'm glad your class didn't laugh at his stupid little joke. what a little fart! i don't like him.

Kristi said...

Yay, Hayley--show them who's boss! You don't take nothin from nobody--what a rotten little kid.

Shelley said...

What's with the rhino pic? Oh, nevermind, its that kid's mom. ;) He seems like an attention whore, maybe he's not getting positive attention at home? Maybe his acting out is because of that. Not trying to justify it, at all. I'm so glad the "joke" flopped. Its nice to know the rest of your class is actually somewhat respectful.

That kid has issues though. Big ones.

Heather said...

Your-butt-is-not-big . End of discussion.

What a little fart though, so glad he didn't get the laughs he was looking for.

Girl James said...

WOW - seriously even though it's rude...at age 7 (or whatever)...that would've been hard to not laugh at! Mostly just because he said butt. Anything about a butt is funny at that age. Who am I kidding, it's still a funny word! I'm sure your butt is NOT big though. I mean seriously. Kids are just funny that way. I have a love/hate relationship with their lack of verbal sensor.

Chris * Natalie * Maya * Mason said...

oooh my gosh, that kid needs a serious flick in the forehead. how do you punish that? do you tell the parents? mercy. that kid has some butt kickings in his future.

Mom said...

The posted picture made me laugh before I even read the post. I'm with Heather- you do not have a big rear.

tara said...

that's the kind of kid you could trip and not even feel bad.

kidding (sort of)