7.25.2007

what? no honeymoon period??!?

swell. i still have a half hour left of the first day of school. i got to school this morning to find out i had 2 new students on my list, bringing my grand total up to 18. which is a small class, but these misfits are more difficult than a "good" class of 25! oh my goodness. i'm so lucky i've got a dr pepper drinking problem, cause if it was vodka, i'd be getting smashed tonight.

what i miss about last years class:
*they didn't putz with their erasers all day long.
*they knew how to sit in their chairs properly, without falling out.
*they could mostly read. (from what i've seen so far, i have a large group of kindy kids)
*they didn't just sit there all bloody day.

these kids are messy, disruptive, and undisciplined. the girls are adorable so far, but the boys are making me want to perform castration. and i usually love the boys way more than the girls.

lots of sighs. lots of tears later on, at home, in my own bed.

13 comments:

Holly O'Keefe said...

It'll be okay. They just need to get used to your nastiness. They'll be whipped into shape in no time. By the by, you aren't really nasty. Don't you worry. But they will learn your rules and they'll be better, I promise.

Jori said...

I agree with Holly. You are great with kids. You guys will find your groove fast.

Miss Jones said...

we'd all better hope i find my groove fast or i'll be making grooves in their faces! with my knuckles!

Emily said...

I don't know how you do it! But it'll take time to figure out what you expect and calm down! As said before teachers are amazing to do what they do (for as little as they make to do it)!

Heather said...

Uhhhg. I can only imagine your annoyance! Good luck and I hope those holigans are fast learners. (of the rules that is!)

Kristi said...

I'm sorry, Hayley! I agree, though, you'll whip them into shape in no time with your fab teacher skills. The castration part gave me a good laugh, though! I hope tomorrow is better for you :)

Chris * Natalie * Maya * Mason said...

awww, i'm sorry. that totally sucks. if i know you, you'll have them whipped into shape in no time!

Chris * Natalie * Maya * Mason said...

i didn't realize i was going to be the 50th person to say whipped into shape in no time. surely three has to be another way to say it. hmmm...how about this: they'll have their butts in gear before you know it.

Jan said...

They just need consistency and repetition -- routine is what it will take. Sort of makes me think of this year's Sunbeams in Primary -- they do come along in time! And when you get to know them and love them, it will help too.

Mel said...

poor hayley!! hopefully you can whip those kids into shape. get them ready for me next year! :)

Shelley said...

Go easy on them, they were puny 2nd graders 2 days ago. They'll be whipped (somehow) into shape soon!

Miss Jones said...

shelley - they're second graders now - i teach 2nd grade.

Shelley said...

oh. lol I thought you taught 3rd grade. Well they used to be 1st graders! That's worse! They're barely potty trained! lol